Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My X developed a hard-to-initiate rattle in the front driver side suspension around 50,000kms and i mentioned it to the dealer, as expected, they didn't find anything and i insisted they mention the complaint on the invoice. so after many service appointments (every 5000 kms), and many, "couldn't find anything wrongs", i took it to a local garage who diagnosed the problem to be the control arm bushing. when i informed the dealer of the issue at my next service appointment, they finally recognized the noise at 72,000kms. THey informed me, the control arm was fine and a new strut would be $817+15%tax and labor at my expense since the warranty expired at 60,000km. After pleading my case, and reminding them of all the business i have given them, they changed their mind and said that the dealer would be willing to replace the strut free of charge.

A week later i am at the dealer for them to replace the strut, the mechanic informs me the strut, "was full of water" but the noise is still there, and it would take more time to diagnose. i wasn't able to stay much longer because i had to go to work, so they put the car back together. The mechanic mentioned that it could be a spot weld(s)that let go where the strut mount is welded to the frame

any ideas? if a spot weld DID let go, do they just re-weld it?
how concerned should i be about this?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well to update:

turns out the rattle was the control arm bushing. Even when i told them that another garage found the problem, they still could not find it.

The dealer replaced the control arm free of of charge, and surprisingly provided me with a rental for a week.

So far the wheel bearing, strut, and control arm have all failed in the front driver side. (luckily within warranty coverage) Now that that i don't hear the noise in the front, that i've lived with for the last 26,000kms, i can now hear the faint clunking of something in the back. It never ends with this car. lol

· Registered
191 Posts
well to update:

turns out the rattle was the control arm bushing. Even when i told them that another garage found the problem, they still could not find it.

The dealer replaced the control arm free of of charge, and surprisingly provided me with a rental for a week.

So far the wheel bearing, strut, and control arm have all failed in the front driver side. (luckily within warranty coverage) Now that that i don't hear the noise in the front, that i've lived with for the last 26,000kms, i can now hear the faint clunking of something in the back. It never ends with this car. lol
O wow your lucky.. over hear all the dealers want to do is sell you the car and then you are on your own :rant:

· [Team IEG VP]
10,145 Posts
It never ends with this car. lol
This should be the quote under the "evoxforums" banner

It really should be what everyone knows/understands before buying the car.

· Registered
775 Posts
O wow your lucky.. over hear all the dealers want to do is sell you the car and then you are on your own :rant:
Amen to that brutha!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.