Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Nah, I've just been busy with other stuff. If I feel like doing ROM stuff, I do. If not, I don't. Simple! :nerd:

Rich

·
Registered
274 Posts
just tried doing it and entered what you said to enter in the spot in the mut table and now my ecu is stuck in programming mode. So in other words bricked :confused: oh well guess I gotta try bench

·
Registered
274 Posts
ok benched it. loaded good this time. now for the configuring :godance:

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Ok so I was having trouble figuring out how to calibrate the rear o2 accurately. At first I used the formula from AEM's manual. That got me off by 3 afr units. Then I used Chet's [O2Sensor2]*2+9.8 formula and got me off by 1 point. Adjusted it to +8.8 and that got me pretty close and thought that was good until I gave it a blip of gas and saw what UT-Evo was talking about it being off.Then decided to get the formula the same way I did with regular logging.

I thought it would be different but it's the same thing. In EvoScan I created a new data item and named it AEM Failsafe. I needed the "raw" data so I left the Eval as: [O2Sensor2] like so:

Then opened up Live Map Tracer because the regular EvoScan screen doesn't display the values instantly.

Focus on the small box under "Panel 3" where it says "2.8"

Then I opened AEM's Wideband Failsafe program - other can just log serial - and put it on the side. Then took screenshots of 3 points - An AFR point < 11.5; 14.7; & 18. You can blip the throttle while idling to get both the low AFR and 14.7. For 18 you will need to drive and stay in gear while off throttle and take a quick screenshot while you're gauge shows "18".

Then go to wolframalpha and enter your data points like this:

Then under alternate forms, click the "y=....." equation; then under the alternate forms from that select whichever equation you like - I like this kind (0.014245 x+2.43732) x+7.51197

Then back in EvoScan change your Eval with that formula, replacing "x" with "[O2Sensor2]" making sure you put an asterisk between the number and it as so:

There you have it: now your AFR Rear O2 scaling will be right on!

If you have the dedication just make a gauge from Evoscan to show you up to however many decimals you want, which will be a lot more accurate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Yes and no. The formula I'm looking for is a curved line because in my head I feel like in real life nothing is ever linear, it seams too easy lol. I'll try and get a linear formula and see any differences. How accurate is yours on the extreme ends? (Rich / Lean)

·
Registered
699 Posts
That WBFS thingy has a very handy ability to internally log digital AFR while also splitting off the straight analog UEGO sensor voltage. I'd approach this by A/D capture this votage (keep it unscaled) straight to OpenPort and Evoscan while internally collecting the AEM internally scaled AFR. Then I'd do post processing to fit UEGO voltage data streams to the internally logged AFR stream.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
This might be a dumb question...but does Mode23 standalone logging still work with RAXPatch? I finally have time to try it out this Christmas...was running another custom modified ROM before.

If we are standalone logging, the ParamID for RearO2AFR would be??? The same as it was before? This is just changing the 0.5V bias calculation?

Thanks!
verkion

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
This might be a dumb question...but does Mode23 standalone logging still work with RAXPatch? I finally have time to try it out this Christmas...was running another custom modified ROM before.

If we are standalone logging, the ParamID for RearO2AFR would be??? The same as it was before? This is just changing the 0.5V bias calculation?

Thanks!
verkion
I don't think standalone logging works. I really wish it would though, it's a lot safer to press cruise control to log than having a laptop :/

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Some guy on the other evo forum has a python script for Rax standalone logging. But actually I was just wondering if the standard Standalone Mode 23 logging would still work once Rax Patch has been enabled. I just wanted to do some rough logging/adjustment before doing fine tuning where I would need the massive samples per second.

Thanks!
verkion

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Just realized my last post wasn't really that clear regarding the RAX standalone logging. So you can log RAX items A, B, C etc. as 32 bit data. The python script that the other forum member made then converts the "raw" logged data into Evoscan compatible format.

Thanks!
verkion

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
Can the standalone do bitshifting and binary AND operations?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I don't think so...that's why you need the python script above to convert the data into a readable format if I'm not mistaken.

Its just logging unprocessed 32 bit data which needs to be post-processed.

Thanks!
Verkion

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Can the standalone do bitshifting and binary AND operations?
Oh wait...I just realized you're probably asking if it has those capabilities because in that case we could do the operations on the Openport dongle itself. I don't see why it couldn't theoretically do that considering the ICs Colby and co used in it. But I have no idea if they have support for the operations. Let me check their documentation online...you probably have SST stuff to do right? :D

Thanks!
Verkion

21 - 40 of 59 Posts