Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Some guy on the other evo forum has a python script for Rax standalone logging. But actually I was just wondering if the standard Standalone Mode 23 logging would still work once Rax Patch has been enabled. I just wanted to do some rough logging/adjustment before doing fine tuning where I would need the massive samples per second.

Thanks!
verkion
Yeah, all the usual stuff still works!

All RAX Fast Logging does is collate a number of data items, and collate them all... into an efficient chunk of data. If a variable only needs 4 bits to work, then RAX only uses 4 bits. This way, the mode23 reader program can get more variables per read - because there is no wasted space.

That collating process is happening each ECU logic cycle, whether a client is reading the data or not. RAX Fast Logging doesn't affect anything else, anywhere.

Rich

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello, I followed all the instructions per this thread but I seem to keep getting this error and cant seem to log my AFR. im currently using the aem failsafe white analog wire to rear yellow wire and brown to ground. any help is appreciated

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
hello, I followed all the instructions per this thread but I seem to keep getting this error and cant seem to log my AFR. im currently using the aem failsafe white analog wire to rear yellow wire and brown to ground. any help is appreciated
Feel free to post your XML here. The RearO2 needs to be before the AFR calculation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got the issue resolved. Turns out I put a zero instead of a "o" in the o2sensor equation:duh: Thanks again ripnet

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Adding a missing one.

I'm not able to edit the first post, so...

For ROMID 59580004, enter Value 0x80946F in MUT 3C.

- Rich

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
Adding a missing one.

I'm not able to edit the first post, so...

For ROMID 59580004, enter Value 0x80946F in MUT 3C.

- Rich
I added it to the first post. Thanks Rich

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Anyone knows 53050012 MUT 3C value?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Rich,

Do you know the 3C value for 57140003? I was going to try the same value used in 57140001, but the original values in the two ROMs are different.

Thanks

Edit: found it! The address for ROM 57140003 is 0x809461.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Hello guys
I am trying to use RAX fast logging and log via the rear O2 sensor.

The problem i am experiencing is; when I edit the existing ROM definition file and open the ROM in ECU flash, I ONLY see new items in the Current ROM Metadata panel.

All the old parameters don’t show up any more.

My ROM ID is 53050009.

<rom> <romid>

<xmlid>53050009</xmlid> <internalidaddress>5002a</internalidaddress> <internalidhex>53050109</internalidhex> <make>Mitsubishi</make> <market>USDM</market> <model>Lancer</model>
<submodel>Evolution X</submodel> <transmission>SST</transmission> <year>2008</year> <flashmethod>mitsucan</flashmethod> <memmodel>M32186F8</memmodel> <checksummodule>mitsucan</checksummodule>

</romid>

<include>RAX53050009</include>

What I noticed was, when I change the internalidhex highlighted in BOLD from 53050109 it shows all the old parameters and the ROM metadatapanel and when I change the internalidhex to5300009 it only shows the new RAX items.

What am I doing wrong here.

EDIT: I am working with Rich on this over email, Ill report back what it is for future reference .

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
A couple more MUT3C addresses...

52370024 - 0x80933D
53590015 - 0x80942D

Rich

·
Registered
3 Posts
Folks, as you get this working, can you please post up:

• Wideband brand/model
  • Analogue output configuration
  • Your EvoScan "Eval" formula to convert O2Sensor2 Volts to AFR

That'll help the "mathematically challenged" (as RS200Z succinctly put it, lol).

Rich
Hey rich I sent you a pm on evom and haven't got a reply from you yet. I have bought an aem wideband OBD2 and having trouble reading it on evoscan and torquepro.. it says it has 11bit and 29bit addresses and pid addresses

I have am aftermarket downpipe, with the rear and front oem 02 sensor installed and the wideband sensor in the downpipe..so a total of all 3.

On a 09 aus RA with raxpatch as well.

This is the gauge. I think it logs of HI and LO CANBUS of the obd2. Do you know how to set it up to be able to read/log in evoscan and torque pro

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Hiya.

Nope, sorry, I'm not familiar with that at all. At a guess, I'd say you'd give EvoScan a CAN-style "RequestID" for stuff, in the same format as for traditonal data logging, eg.

CAN33-2

...just with whatever values that thing needs you to read. Presumably, those parameters would be in the manual.

Rich

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hiya.

Nope, sorry, I'm not familiar with that at all. At a guess, I'd say you'd give EvoScan a CAN-style "RequestID" for stuff, in the same format as for traditonal data logging, eg.

CAN33-2

...just with whatever values that thing needs you to read. Presumably, those parameters would be in the manual.

Rich
All good, thanks for your reply, this is the part of the manual with the ecu stuff. Do I need to change the mut table to one of those addresses since I'm not replacing my rear 02 and keeping it in there with the wideband?

Which address do I use?

Thanks again.
Font Parallel Rectangle Pattern Number

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
his is the part of the manual with the ecu stuff.
Gak, that certainly looks like a handful.

I reckon your best bet would be to try and contact Hamish about his EvoScan product, and what it would need in order to log... whatever that is.

Do I need to change the mut table to one of those addresses
No; as far as I can see, none of this stuff goes near the ECU. The ECU won't "see" anything of this CAN side stuff. It looks like it adds its own datastream to the OBD-II CAN transmission data. Presumably EcuFlash can read that via "CAN" RequestID, rather than reading raw ECU memory locations via mode23 hex addresses. SST info like clutch pressure, slip, etc. is already grabbed via "CAN" RequestID logging - this would give new data.

...that's if I'm understanding even 10% of this. Sorry, I don't get the "keeping the rear O2 sensor" stuff at all - not sure if you're keeping an old wideband sensor (in which case, no change from however you're logging now) or what.

I reckon you should take it one step at a time - see if Hamish (EvoScan) is contactable, and get the CAN logging going first.

Rich

41 - 59 of 59 Posts