1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
212 Posts
Haha true, but some people aren't looking for the lightest, best flowing exhaust. As long as it's not 60+ lbs I personally would choose an exhaust that made my car sound like an F1 car over the best flowing ricer fart can on the market (even though it's not possible...:(). My $.02

Anybody have sound clips of this exhaust?

·
Hero of the day - 4/5/09
1,550 Posts
I would def go for an F1 sounding exhaust lol. I think the problem is the tips on the exhausts that are currently being made. Having a 3" exhaust with a 4" tip does not improve flow, the only thing it does is make these cars sound like a burbling mess. I would love to see a straight through design for a TBE and see what sound it can produce.

·
[Rally Driving Madman]
2,500 Posts
i dont like too much bend.
the NSX is a mid engine car, so the piping route is way less then the Evo has. So its oke that little labyrinth there for the NSX..

·
Hero of the day - 4/5/09
1,550 Posts
Oh of course ak47,

F1 exhausts are indeed the equivalent of what headers would be on a regular car with nothing else. A 4-1 design and straight out.

Although it would be a V8 now which to me sound even better than the old V10s. Hell could you even imagine a 19K RPM EVO? I would feel like an idiot going to the grocery store LOL and cops would know where I was from another zipcode :p.

I think a few of us just mean a more refined sounding system. Every single exhaust clip that I have heard to date for the X sounds like a baritone bumble bee. It was nice when the whole scene started out but I believe some of us want to move on.

Rally Spec Evos have had free flowing exhausts and yet don't sounds like the fart cans that almost all of these manufacturers have been producing on the VIII, IX and now the X.

Exhausts can play a big part in how a car sounds, just compare the Ferrari 430 with the Audi R8. Rear engine V8, flat plane crank, very high revs, but I know which sounds better to my ears (I think Ansa makes the Ferrari exhausts BTW). I'm not saying the exhaust is the only thing that makes them sound different but it is certainly a big factor.

Just look at the double tipped designs that have come out for the X. A 3" main pipe, to a split of two 3" pipes. You are now talking 6" of capacity beyond the split! Then you get to the end of the double 3" pipes and what do we have? Why its a flare to 4". Can anyone explain why that flare exists?

It is for looks, my pipe is bigger than yours so to speak LOL

But it serves no performance purpose and gives it that awful sounding burble.

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
13,446 Posts
well rally car sound good maybe because the pipe is not that big as this tuners catback etc...to be honest im not really impress with this new evo x exhaust, some sounds like srt4, even the single tip of ams sounds ricers to me.

i hope there will be evo x exhaust that will sound like this rally car...

then compare it to ams single tip that i don't like... but it's a nice car.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I actually hate that exhaust not on the rally car. that was like a swarm of african bees leaving the pits.

I like the "BOR" Sound of the AMS Single exhaust perhaps it stems from the fact that I'm use to the deeper resonation from my 2.5 L and Nismo Header Cat-Back combo

·
Hero of the day - 4/5/09
1,550 Posts
The sound coming from that Rally Car is fantastic! And that is on the less smooth 4G63 motor compared to the square 4B11. Although that thing must be a straight 3 inch pipe (or even 2.5) with no restrictions from down pipe to tip.
No aftermarket company will ever produce an exhaust that sounds like that. It doesn't sound like a bowl of rice on wheels therefore it would never sell.
And that pisses me off... :computermad:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Anybody have more info on that rally car in the vid? If it is running 2.5" straight pipes on it, what are the negative performance effects vs. a 3" setup? I'm assuming boost taper would be an issue with that... but it sounds amazing.

·
Registered
565 Posts
The sound coming from that Rally Car is fantastic! And that is on the less smooth 4G63 motor compared to the square 4B11. Although that thing must be a straight 3 inch pipe (or even 2.5) with no restrictions from down pipe to tip.
No aftermarket company will ever produce an exhaust that sounds like that. It doesn't sound like a bowl of rice on wheels therefore it would never sell.
And that pisses me off... :computermad:
Okay I actually watched the whole video now and during WOT it sounds great. But that buzzy african bee sounds like every riced honda here in Texas which is why I don't like it. But that deep baritone note "BORR" sound of the AMS is what I have currently like and is certainly more manageable and less attention grabbing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.