Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone....

I've searched on here and other forums and found the same quetions about needing a re tune or tune w/ upgraded fuel pump. BUT my question is... Do I need to re tune if I'm replacing my current single 255 walbro for a Buschur double pumper w/ 2 walbro fuel pumps?

I'm currently tuned for my stock turbo w/ single walbro but want to replace it since I'm getting ready to upgrade to an fp red in a couple of months so I want to get some of the new installs outta the way.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated...Thanks :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
You don't need a DP for a FP Red. Single Wally will suffice on 93...

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be running id2000's and e85... sorry I forgot to mention that.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I'll be running id2000's and e85... sorry I forgot to mention that.
Yes you will need a retune... Especially if its not a progressive system only a HOBBs on/off system...

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes you will need a retune... Especially if its not a progressive system only a HOBBs on/off system...

Thanks :)... I guess I will just wait to install it till I put in the new turbo and injectors.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for bringing this back up... But i got to thinking and realized that if I drop in the double pumper set up w/o hooking up the power to the 2nd or run the hobbs switch yet... Will that be ok to run w/o a re tune...since im already runninh a single wally at momment w/ my current tune.

·
Registered
11,129 Posts
Sorry for bringing this back up... But i got to thinking and realized that if I drop in the double pumper set up w/o hooking up the power to the 2nd or run the hobbs switch yet... Will that be ok to run w/o a re tune...since im already runninh a single wally at momment w/ my current tune.
block off the second pump completely and yes you should be fine. Fuel can actually back feed through the second pump and cause all sorts of issues depending on the pump.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By "block off" do you mean plug the top and bottom of the pump or just not run power to it?

·
Registered
11,129 Posts
Don't run power to it and also the fuel line that comes off the second pump and merges with the main fuel pump line at a Y, block that off to the second pump that is now not powered.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
For double pumper a AFPR will be a must. Without the drill mod he will be fine for one pump, but I am sure it will over run the return once that second pump kicks on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.