Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car is in storage to get built nicely...but as a DD i purchased a 1993 toyota Camry, and it so happens that the lug pattern is 5x114.3 like the Evo. The front clears and works perfect for the stock GSR rims, but the back needs spacers, I ordered 1.5 inch spacers. Ill post dumb pics of this camry with evo x rims just for a laugh soon...

I guess my question is this, Would it be a bad Idea to eventually put those on the rear wheels of the evo x, I understand that Staggered wheels are bad on 4 Wheel drive cars, and I see that this is very similar to that, but has anyone done this? I know it will look sick, but will it cause alot of harm to suspension and drive-train? the spacers are 1.5 inches thick, which I know is alot, but it must clear the Camrys stock suspension to work. And we all know they are expensive, so i want more use out of them then on just a sh*t box. :whipping:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel like when the car was built all tires and wheels* where made to spin together ...well at-least at a 40F 60R ratio... so If I alter the width of the real wheels.. the spin might be off by 5 percent or something miniscule and cause future issues due to the stagger/offset of the rim+spacer. Right?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Offset-wise, you're talkin about taking the +38's stock and spacing them out to be 18x8.5 +0

That's nuts bro.

Put some 20mm spacers up front and post up this madness... oh and goodbye wheel bearings ;)

I wasnt really intending on it, but seeing as the spacers are going on a camry I figured during the good season for the evo if this may work.
Seems like a bad Idea.

Camry looks dope tho haha!

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,145 Posts
I feel like when the car was built all tires and wheels* where made to spin together ...well at-least at a 40F 60R ratio... so If I alter the width of the real wheels.. the spin might be off by 5 percent or something miniscule and cause future issues due to the stagger/offset of the rim+spacer. Right?
jigga what? Are you talking torque bias because the wheels all have to spin at the same speed.

And if you are talking torque bias, the evo is a constant 50/50 split.

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
1.5 will require longer studs... But you knew that Right?
Nah brah. Most spacers that damn big include their own new studs that add on. You end up with 10 lug nuts and 10 studs per wheel, adding weight (albeit it's added to the very center) to the rotational mass, on a set of wheels that are already heavy and narrow (21-22 lbs and only 8.5" wide).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1993 toyota camry, stock EVO x GSR WHEELS... funny

well after some work I got the eVO x rims to fit on this camry haha... well long story short... I sold them. got pulled over 3 times in one week, all due to fitment haha :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.