Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving back home today and i started hearing this whining noise in my car. its a pretty quiet noise but its still audible. pretty much as my rpms go up the whining noise gets louder and if my rpms start to drop the noise gets quieter. it sounds like a really quiet ball bearing turbo spooling when i give it gas but its not. i was thinking it had something to do with my a/c because its the first time ive used it in a while so i tried turning it off and it got quieter but its still there. ive searched and heard it could be the t case but i dont think its that serious and as loud as a t case whine. anyone have this before.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
There is literally ONE GAZILLION things it could be based on that description. Are you able to make a video?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^yea its that noise. the noise goes along with my rpm going up and down. it even happens when i rev the engine.

·
Registered
206 Posts
my 2010 x gsr sounds exactly the same. I think its normal. These cars are noisier then your typical 4 door sedans.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
mine does it too man. i wouldn't worry about it. think about how many gears you have in that sucker. you got the engine, loud. transmission, loud. transfercase, loud. rear end, loud.

then the turbo. she's not a prius fella's mines only got 800 miles on it and my driver side door has a rattle while cruising. thats more of an annoyance then a little engine whine

·
Registered
290 Posts
There's a lot of spinning shit in our transmissions, to make noise, is to be normal. Clearly there's a limit, use your best judgement and don't be stupid. That is all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts