Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after spending about $8000 on all my go fast parts while im deployed, i was done the mods for the year. All though i cant believe i spent all that money and neglected the suspenion. I dont want to spend alot of money on it right now, that will be next summer when i get Ohlins coilovers.

So now im thinking of ordering a Perrin 25mm rear sway bar and Perrin rear endlinks. I've read amazing reviews about how it helps the car, but my question is, is there a difference in normal DD on the streets.

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Little more sporty. i went hotchkis, with whiteline links. If I were you I'd get the fsb/rsb kit and put the FSB in while youre swapping the turbo. It's like right there an you may as well.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after reading many threads, i think ill just stick with the rear sway bar. Seems like thats the one that is really needed.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Nice mod list so far! I did a whiteline a month or so ago, stock enlinks and medium setting. I haven't noticed the ride quality get any worse, and definatly doesn't shake it's butt around like it used to. Next year I'll track it with new enlinks and set it to the hardest setting and we will really see the difference. But for dd it's all good just look out for those Edmonton creators and big brown ice chunks off trucks.

·
Premium Member
11,760 Posts
With *legal* driving manners on the street, you should notice nothing more than end-link clicking noises and a somewhat rougher experience when going over speed bumps depending on angle of approach.

However, if you go too stiff, you may notice your tail coming out on a wet day on a highway exit ramp :innocent:

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Hotchkis, they sell the rear only. It is a very nice bar. I got mine for ~$170.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
With *legal* driving manners on the street, you should notice nothing more than end-link clicking noises and a somewhat rougher experience when going over speed bumps depending on angle of approach.

However, if you go too stiff, you may notice your tail coming out on a wet day on a highway exit ramp :innocent:
Seriously? some people really take the goodie two shoes stuff wayyyy too far on this forum

·
Premium Member
11,760 Posts
Seriously? some people really take the goodie two shoes stuff wayyyy too far on this forum
Seriously! you lack reading comprehension big time! What do you think the sarcastic comment towards the end was? You better check yourself. It was a light statement, nothing more, nothing less.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I need to check myself? lmfao ok tough guy

Apparently my sarcasm detector was a bit off, I made a comment which used your post as a reference to what I feel is a ridiculous level of "I never do anything even slightly illegal with my car and will flame anyone who even mentions something that might be perceived as speeding" that goes on in this forum. You took it personally and make a poor attempt at insulting me and making me feel threatened. Am I supposed to be threatened because you have a large post count? Get over yourself man.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok children, take this to pm's. Leave it out of my thread please.

·
Registered
85 Posts
agreed! sorry for the thread derailment.

Anyone else have any valid or useful opinions about the OP question?
I'd also like to know if there's a noticeable difference on the street from rsb and/pr endlinks.
Your reaction to Kickass original post was a little sensitive. However what Kickass said is good info. You won't feel much in regular driving but if pushed you will feel the car rotating quicker (for me on Whiteline RSB medium settings.)

·
Registered
321 Posts
lets face it we all love rear sway bars. Everyone loves sways bars except for farmers and Subaru outback owners who rally cross. In the winter when the road gets all chopped up switch to the soft setting.

·
Registered
217 Posts

How annoying is the clicking noises? Or is just slightly noticeable that one can get used to?

·
Premium Member
11,760 Posts
How annoying is the clicking noises? Or is just slightly noticeable that one can get used to?
Honestly, if you're the kind that does not mind a loud exhaust and open air filter turbo sound, I doubt you'll even hear it. My car is pretty loud on the inside, so it can click all day long and I can go without noticing it. It really depends on several factors. If you get endlinks with steel bearing like I did, you will hear it even more. If you get an aluminum bushing instead of a rubber bushing, it will be even more loud. It is VERY subjective.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm using a Cusco FSB with Racingline front end links and a Perrin RSB with Hotchkis rear end links. I'm also on Swift Spec R springs and have a Whiteline RCA (I guess you could have just read my signature). The RSB is set on the middle setting. My only power mod is an AMS flash, and I have yet to have my car let loose in the rear (I could be driving too slow or the RSB is on the proper setting). In my opinion the car handles great, however it sounds and feels like what I would imagine the Flintstones car would be like.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts