Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay here's the background.

I have a friend that has a 2008 Evo that has been telling me she was going to sell it to me for a while like over a year. But she never gave me a price or never acted serious even after multiple attempts to get something negotiated.

I recently purchased a 2008 Evo and now she is upset that I didn't buy her's... go figure. Well she wants to trade hers in but as most of you know if your cars modified most places wont take it or will low ball the crap out of you.

So what she wants to do is swap out all her after market parts with my stock parts so she can trade her's in. Here is what she has that I know of

- 3" Intercooler Piping
- HKS BOV welded on, I don't think its recirculating (which I want)
-3" Downpipe
-3" Exhaust all the way.
- Walbro 225 Fuel pump
- HKS turbo Timer (new not installed)
- Cold Air Intake

She said that she paid 4K for everything and my friend said that 2K would be a reasonable offer.

We use the same mechanic and have I been going to him for years that will most likely swap all of it out for a good price. He said he is going to have to look at it bc he didn't do all the work on her car before he gives me a price.

Now for the kicker, My car is still under warranty I have the 5 year 60k mile warranty. I have 35k and about 6mo left

If I trade my parts then if I need to bring it back to get it repaired I'm out of luck bc I wont have the OEM parts to put back on.

Do you guys think 2k + labor is worth it?

I really can't stand the stock Evo x sound they could have made it a little more aggressive stock then I could wait for the warranty to expire.

·
Registered
367 Posts
What brand exhaust and intake? 4k seems real high for those parts. Those parts listed are pretty easy to do yourself...except maybe the downpipe. You could get new parts for a little over 2k depending on which exhaust you buy
Don't forget you will also need a tune.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'll ask about the intake and exhaust.

The Girl hot.. no, in the Evo maybe. lol

I think she bought it because a guy told her to she makes bank. That's why she paid so much for the parts.

I'm thinking I'm just going to go to my mechanic and ask him what he can do for me for the same price and compare and contrast.

The guy is no joke with building cars he has integra im not going to even tell you how much HP but has over 500 pounds of torque to the wheels (2 of em lol )

Check out these vids please excuse the horrible music.

well one vid there used to be on on a dyno and the tires would keep slipping and rpm's went to like 11k.

Anyways I trust him to make good choices.

thanks for the replys

·
Registered
982 Posts
If she's getting your stock parts in exchange, $2k +labor doesn't sound like a good deal. You can buy just about everythin you mentioned here in the forums around the $1k + mark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.