Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Wicked White Evo X GSR
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, first off I’m sorry if this is in the wrong spot but since it will be including both engine and turbo, I figured this would be the best place to post.
Long story short, I bought a 2013 GSR a few months ago and two days after getting the car home, it threw a rod while simply cruising down the highway around 70 mph. I was driving alongside a buddy, just gave a little gas to pop the bov at him and boom….
Fast forward to today. After doing research on different options (sell the car as is, replace engine with another stock used one, build a new engine piece by piece, etc), I decided to just do it all together at once and be done with internals. So I bought a brand new half sleeved longblock (rated to 900hp) from, a new gen 2 gtx 3576r turbo kit (rated to 700-750hp), and new Rev2 oil cooling system, all from MAP.
With that all being fairly expensive, I have decided to gather a buddy or two and do the engine swap ourselves so I don’t have to pay for an engine swap at a shop.

Is there any advice, tips, pointers, etc that any of you could give me if you’ve ever done an emu swap before?
Here is the list of mods the car will have once the swap is complete… all of which was on the car at time of purchase except for the last three items obviously lol. Thanks.

• Full race pro stock Manifold
  • MAP oil catch can
  • TurboSmart BOV
  • Turbo back catless HKS hi power single exit exhaust
  • Grimspeed 3 port
  • TurboSmart wastegate
  • FIC injectors(unsure of size)
  • Upgraded fuel pump(unsure of brand and size)
  • Upgraded intercooler and piping (unknown brand)
  • CAI (unknown brand)
  • AEM boost and A/F gauge
  • MAP Rev2 oil cooler kit
  • ATP gen 2 gtx3576r stock frame bolt on kit (700-750hp rated)
  • MAP spec Stage 1 longblock (half sleeved) (900hp rated)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. My cousin has one in his extended garage which is only about 20-25 mins from my house. He has already offered that and we will be using it.

·
Vendor
648 Posts
Yes. My cousin has one in his extended garage which is only about 20-25 mins from my house. He has already offered that and we will be using it.
Ok great. Well, pull the engine and the trans out together, and drop it through the bottom. Pull off the intake mani, alternator, and LICP (aka cold charge pipe) for extra clearance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok great. Well, pull the engine and the trans out together, and drop it through the bottom. Pull off the intake mani, alternator, and LICP (aka cold charge pipe) for extra clearance.
Ok cool. That’s nothing bad considering that has to be done for the new engine anyways haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts