Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently had my 5-speed and t-case rebuilt (thanks, Jack's, the shifts are smooooth!), and put on some new tie rod ends and sway bars while I had everything apart. After getting it all back together, I filled all the proper fluids to level, torqued all the plugs right, bled the ACD with the ghetto-style gas-pedal method, took it for a short spin, waited a bit, and went through the process again, making sure all the fluids were right. All was well for the first 15 miles, until I decided to test it out and break it loose in a corner, which is when it turned the ASC off and started flashing "service required" lights at me. I also noticed an audible (but not loud) whine that decreases in pitch as it coasts from about 15-20mph to a stop, and I'm not sure if that's related, normal, or just something I'm imagining... I've rechecked the fluid levels multiple times, bled over a quart of ATF through the ACD from the reservoir in the trunk, and left the battery off overnight to reset everything, but the car's still not happy. It has also started idling strangely, randomly sitting at 2k rpms for a bit before dropping back down to normal, and sometimes going back up... I haven't had the chance to get it in for a alignment yet, though I feel like I did a pretty friggin' good job of eyeballing it - Is that my biggest issue with the ASC, or have I seriously screwed something up on the install? I've spent so many f'ing hours reading through threads, but I can't figure out what I might've done wrong... :wallbash:

Possibly relevant info: basic mods - estimated bhp in low to mid 300s, haven't driven it more than 5 miles at a time since rebuild - less than 50 miles total, not throwing ABS lights or any OBD codes, no Mitsu dealership anywhere near me - working mostly by myself in my cul-de-sac lol

Anyone with any ideas, please feel free to chime in! I'm sooo tired of not being able to drive!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Seems these systems being interrelated are a pain in the ass to diagnose when issues occur. So the car was completely normal before the rebuild?

What was wrong with the T-case that required rebuilding?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Maybe disconnect the battery letting the ECU reset then turn off ASC completely and drive it around for a bit and see how the car behaves.

So there are no codes at all? Just the warning message that service is required?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: So, I tried leaving the battery unhooked overnight again, this time turning off the ASC by holding the button down immediately upon starting the car. The electronics had reset, and the trip mileage was back at zero, but it still threw the "ASC service required" lights at me, and it still whines below 20 mph :(

Should I just try bleeding another quart of ATF through it for good measure?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts