Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 562 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Date: 10/23/2013

To: All US and Puerto Rico Mitsubishi Motors Dealerships

Subject: Upcoming Safety Recall Affecting Certain 2008 - 2013 Lancer Evolution – Clutch Master Cylinder

On September 18, 2013, MMNA submitted to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) a Defect Information Report regarding certain 2008 - 2013 Lancer Evolution vehicles built from December 12, 2007 – March 5, 2013. Due to an insufficient bonding strength of clutch master cylinder components, separation may occur, resulting in fluid leakage. This condition results in the inability to engage or disengage the clutch, limits the ability to shift the transmission into or out of a gear, and can create a no start condition once the vehicle comes to a stop.

In November, you will receive a formal/official dealer notification from MMNA regarding the above safety recall. You are receiving this advance, informal letter because:

1. NHTSA will announce the recall on their website shortly after receipt of our Defect Information Report, and MMNA wants to assist you in handling any customer inquiries you may receive regarding this recall.

In the event you receive any direct customer inquiries regarding this issue, please feel free as necessary to refer them to the MMNA Customer Relations Hotline at (888) 648-7820. We appreciate your patience while we make the necessary preparations to launch this recall.

Sincerely,

Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Wow Seriously? I wonder if they are just going to rebond or replace it with Evo 8/9 CMCs

and why not add the ACD pump to that list >.< lol

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mods:

Move to the correct location if it is in the transmission section or what not but good news.

Hopefully we get a newer stronger Clutch Master Cylinder.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow Seriously? I wonder if they are just going to rebond or replace it with Evo 8/9 CMCs

and why not add the ACD pump to that list >.< lol
Yep, I saw it on evom that someone got sent to by Mitsubishi via email (someone who works at a dealership i am guessing).

·
Registered
535 Posts
After 5 years they finally guessed it. Even though I don't own an Evo anymore, I hope they will replace it with a metal CMC and no one will have problems with it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance, but how does this recall work? Will we get a free replacement? Or is it only if your CMC fails? Will labor be free or just the part?

Again sorry for being a newbtard!

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
its a recall people. you take you car to the dealer, they install a new CMC. End of story. It's a safety issue, not a warranty issue. Mods dont matter.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Can they just cut me a check for the evo 9 CMC I installed plus my labor

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
its a recall people. you take you car to the dealer, they install a new CMC. End of story. It's a safety issue, not a warranty issue. Mods dont matter.
+1

They can't do a damn thing.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Who gives a shit about a cheap ass cmc breaking

Need acd pump recall before this crap.

Mitsu another bright move

Yea! And on top of that, I didn't see them mention Canada, what kinda BS is that?!!

It seems like they are only doing this because enough people complained and mostly from the States, so they don't give a shit about Canada since there is no one to "please here".

If it's proven as a safety concern, shouldn't all Evo X models have it replaced no matter where they are located.

Down here though you're right, we need a recall on the ACD pump way more! But I would say we need it for the CMC too, why not if it will be free and a stronger metal version.

That's 600 bux we don't have to waste for nothing out of our own pockets, for their defect.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Light Bulb...So does this mean 2014's already have a stronger CMC? Anyone willing to confirm? :p

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I would assume no. If you already purchased your 2014 I would still go to the dealer to check it out. But new ones going forward should have the recall work done before being sold.
Now to find a dealership I trust touching my car:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
sick, wonder if I can go there with my ams kit and just tell them to put that in instead of whatever they plan on replacing it with, lol

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I would assume no. If you already purchased your 2014 I would still go to the dealer to check it out. But new ones going forward should have the recall work done before being sold.
Now to find a dealership I trust touching my car:rolleyes:
Shit, so I probably have to get the recall done too. :(

I hope they give us a $50 gas voucher like they did for my IX cat recall.

1 - 20 of 562 Posts