Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install this BOV On my Evo X but Ive heard people say that it will cause flutter. All I have done is a Perrin TBE and Cobb stage 2 tune from my accessPORT. Would it be safe for my turbo to install the HKS SSQ 4 BOV?

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
its more of a noise maker than a performance part. in all honesty you probably want to go with the synapse or turbosmart. i know they are great pieces that will not give you any problems. i cannot speak for the ssq but most of the people around here tend to stay away from them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its more of a noise maker than a performance part. in all honesty you probably want to go with the synapse or turbosmart. i know they are great pieces that will not give you any problems. i cannot speak for the ssq but most of the people around here tend to stay away from them.
Yea I mainly just want it for the "noise" but I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't be unhealthy for my turbo. So I've been told but find hard to believe

·
Registered
682 Posts
I gained 3 psi when I switched to the SSQV. Been running mine VTA for 2 years without issue

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Will the synapse or turbomaster make any sound with the stock filter.
Yeah of course, but what type of sound are you after?

I dont like the SSQV sounds, they sound strange and not as aggressive as a VTA BOV like a Turbo Smart etc...

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I dont care what sound I get as long as I get some lol. It sucks having a turbo car with out the blow off sound. Will running vta cause any problems with the car though.
Not if its set up correctly. Good thing about the Turbo Smart VTA is that its fully adjustable by hand. Ive never had any problems at all. But its loud as hell lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.