Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
[Rally Driving Madman]
2,500 Posts
2 Robevo: If I change ECU to RS, ABS turn off automatically?
i think so, but i dont know for sure. I am not a tuner.

If you buy a new ecu then buy something which will give you more room.
Like Gems - Pectel -Motec Vipetec .

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Disconnect all four wheel sensors.

But WHY?
holla

It will cease to be an Evo if you do this. The ENTIRE SAWC system including AYC torque control is based on wheel sensor data. The is the dumbest fucking thing you could possibly do.
:yeahthat:

Have to do that already, the AYC braking function will stop the car from going sideways into a turn. But the ABS will actually cause your cars brakes to pulse when you stand on them in say trail braking or if your really trying to carry momentum into a turn. You see in really long turns if your sideways to feather your brakes and gas at the same time to carry you through until you hit the late apex then you shoot out. This can be kinda hard to do with the ABS pulsing on you (doing what its is meant to do). But you have to understand that in loose surface racing (rally/Rallycross) your not always doing what todays cars electronics are designed for. I am starting to think that majority of rally cars that run a EVO X just kill all the fancy electronics anyways. I sent a PM to one team driver and will find out what he says.

But I know that everyone in actual rally racing kills the traction control and the ABS for the purpose of sliding into turns. I am trying to have my cake and eat it to by keeping the AWC (and all included subsystems but mainly the ACD)
The car will go sideways just fine with one push off. If you cannot do it, you are doing it wrong.

·
[Rally Driving Madman]
2,500 Posts
The wheel sensor need for the car ecu. Example speed reading. Unlike the old evos the X reads the car speed through the ABS... So I do not have an ABS system in my car anymore but we had to keep the ABS eci in place for the speed reading purposes.
I do have an after market ECU so as ACD ECU. But we still couldn't go around this issue. The X designed to read all 4 wheels individually.
The only way to not having a working ABS system and car in the X case US market ones, is to replace the stock USDM Ecu.

If you running on loose surface and you are racing, the ABS delete is a must. Of course not if you doing weekend racing. But for an example. For serious racing the ABS MUST be disconected.

Rob

·
Registered
1 Posts
Take out the one fuse 40A - the first one facing the driver’s headlight. There are 2 ABS fuses next to each other. Keep the second one there.

It only works for manual GSR, SST will not work without ABS.

Your ABS will be deleted and as well your ACS. Everything else will work. You will get 2 codes on the dash.

You still will be able to Adjust the Center diff. Keep it on Snow if you want to have fun on Gravel or on Snow. Have fun.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Take out the one fuse 40A - the first one facing the driver’s headlight. There are 2 ABS fuses next to each other. Keep the second one there.

It only works for manual GSR, SST will not work without ABS.

Your ABS will be deleted and as well your ACS. Everything else will work. You will get 2 codes on the dash.

You still will be able to Adjust the Center diff. Keep it on Snow if you want to have fun on Gravel or on Snow. Have fun.
Do you know why it wont work with the SST? I assume the SST does not NEED ABS but maybe it just won't operate when the ecu is throwing certain codes?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts