Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My build thread is a year old now, and I can't edit my original posts. It would be really nice if the admins could remove the 1 year limit so I can go back and edit the post I originally intended to edit. I know I'm not alone with this.

Kind regards

Suren.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Even though I haven't started a build thread yet (considering there is no build for the thread) I can see this coming in handy in the future.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Some builds take longer...like mine lol. I have a few edits to make but it can be a hassle to get a mod to change it(they are very busy peeps). Build threads shouldn't really have a time limit for editing. First post is always the one you want to edit and update so those looking can see what you got without having to search for it.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some builds take longer...like mine lol. I have a few edits to make but it can be a hassle to get a mod to change it(they are very busy peeps). Build threads shouldn't really have a time limit for editing. First post is always the one you want to edit and update so those looking can see what you got without having to search for it.
Yep. For me one post wasn't enough, so I reserved 5, and that still wasn't enough. I should've reserved more.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Agree completely. Build already moved far away from what is on a first page.

Another example - there is a sticky thread about restriction of return line. With suggestion to drill orifice. On a third page its warned not to drill, because it breaks Venturi's pump. At this point most readers already drilled it. OP can't change first post for the same reason - time limit. 500$ to fix this thing properly...

·
Registered
956 Posts
Agree completely. Build already moved far away from what is on a first page.

Another example - there is a sticky thread about restriction of return line. With suggestion to drill orifice. On a third page its warned not to drill, because it breaks Venturi's pump. At this point most readers already drilled it. OP can't change first post for the same reason - time limit. 500$ to fix this thing properly...

I agree generally, but for bold above, that merits a new, separate build thread.

For example, you build stock engine MHI, race for a year. Next season, build engine and add turbo kit, make a new build thread.

I think the intent was to force you to make a fresh build thread.

The example you cite is a compelling reason to allow exceptions, at the very least.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah but for people like myself, the direction of the build isn't changing. If I were to get a new engine, whole new trans and make the car a weekend warrior- that's different. But my car is a track car that I DD, and that's the idea behind the build thread. The essentials will remain the same, only the parts will be replaced.

For example, I just ordered a Mishimoto X Line radiator, and now I can't add it to my mod list.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
yeah but for people like myself, the direction of the build isn't changing. If I were to get a new engine, whole new trans and make the car a weekend warrior- that's different. But my car is a track car that I DD, and that's the idea behind the build thread. The essentials will remain the same, only the parts will be replaced.

For example, I just ordered a Mishimoto X Line radiator, and now I can't add it to my mod list.
I didn't changed also. Its a same ongoing process of money burning. What is more important - first page of mods now have obvious mistakes of what should be never done. And I can't warn those who will read just a first page.

·
Registered
589 Posts
We all know that this won't happen this is just a wast of time.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We all know that this won't happen this is just a wast of time.

At least I'd like to hear why.
Agreed with Mash, admins have responded to wishes/concerns of site members previously. This is a situation in which we all speak up and highlight our discontent with the fact that we are left unable to edit the OPs in our build threads a year after we've commenced them.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Agreed with Mash, admins have responded to wishes/concerns of site members previously. This is a situation in which we all speak up and highlight our discontent with the fact that we are left unable to edit the OPs in our build threads a year after we've commenced them.

Your right about admins have responded to wishes/concerns in the past. I don't have any facts on this situation I was just expressing on how I feel. I hope I am wrong on this and proven wrong.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We all do. I'd hate to start a new thread. It would basically be everything that my current one is.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
I like your suggestion, there maybe a reason why it's locked after a year. I'll find out

·
[Administrator], [Local Team Member], [Powder Coat
8,500 Posts
I will figure out how to make this work. Give me some time to figure it out.

Don't be so quick to write off the staff here. We are all volunteers that help maintain this site for your viewing pleasure. Its makes me irritated when I hear someone say the admins or staff won't help, that is the only reason we are here is to help and maintain the site.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I will figure out how to make this work. Give me some time to figure it out.

Don't be so quick to write off the staff here. We are all volunteers that help maintain this site for your viewing pleasure. Its makes me irritated when I hear someone say the admins or staff won't help, that is the only reason we are here is to help and maintain the site.

Thank you MP.

I for one appreciate all the mods on here and are thankful for their volunteered time, and help to maintain this site for our pleasure.

Let us know what you come up with.

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
I think we've looked into this before, but maybe couldn't do it because it would allow ALL forum posts that option. We keep it to one year so that people don't go randomly change info instead of bumping a thread with new info. But yeah, this is something we should look into, and if we can rectify it, we will.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Thanks guy for helping. Being Admin for large forum myself, I know its not easy to do that without changing the code, but in a essence it might be more advantages to let things change everywhere like with this example of false info about return line restriction - its thousands if not dozens of thousands dollars lost by people on this thread alone.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts