Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advice removing the patch from my rom.
My old pc hard drive died and lost my files. So I'm not sure what patches I have in the current flash in my 2012 GSR.
The tune has been the same since Razorlab helped me get a few bugs out back in 2017.
I installed Evoscan 2.9 and notice it has RAX built in.
I got this from Rich:
"Make sure you delete the old XML file!

...and read the text info in EcuFlash to see if it throws any XML loading errors."

I haven't hooked the Tactrix up yet using my new laptop.

I know I used Golden files and maybe some some others but not quite sure.
The tune is good right now but wanting to give it a little more mid range oomph but also tweak out surge under high load in the same RPM range in 5th.

Any tips guys?

·
Registered
127 Posts
You want to know which version of RAX Patch in your rom, right?

Each version of RAX Patch isn't supplied for some rom ids, but I don't know your rom id.
So if I was you, I try to check my rom as below.

(If currently you can't open your rom by your ecuflash, first you need to prepare that.)

1. Download RAX Patch V3 for your rom id from here and install RAX Patch V3 into your ecuflash's rommetadata folder.
2. Open your rom and check if it is RAX Patch V3 or not.
(If your RAX Patch is not V3 then follow below)
3. Remove all RAX Patch V3 files installed into your ecuflash's rommetadata folder.
4. Download RAX Patch V2 for your rom id from here and install RAX Patch V2 into your ecuflash's rommetadata folder.
5. Open your rom and check if it is RAX Patch V2 or not.
(If your RAX Patch is not V2 then follow below)
6. Remove all RAX Patch V2 files installed into your ecuflash's rommetadata folder.
7. Download RAX Patch V1 for your rom id from here and install RAX Patch V1 into your ecuflash's rommetadata folder.
8. Open your rom and check if it is RAX Patch V1 or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts