Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the topic states, a friend of ours bought a Cusco 1,5 way rear differential that fits in the AYC casing, so it's not an RS unit.

Is there any way to disable the AYC while keeping the ACD - like the Evo X RS has by default since it does not have the AYC in the first place.

Any help appreciated,
Ales

·
Registered
238 Posts
So he bought the MZ unit? If so, maybe just cap the lines and holes from the pump? And are you sure it fits into the rear diff housing? I have a Cusco RS that replaces the stock diff and fits with the AYC, so an MZ that's not compatible might not fit as you need the half shafts to fit in through the diff and AYC mechanism.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So he bought the MZ unit? If so, maybe just cap the lines and holes from the pump? And are you sure it fits into the rear diff housing? I have a Cusco RS that replaces the stock diff and fits with the AYC, so an MZ that's not compatible might not fit as you need the half shafts to fit in through the diff and AYC mechanism.
The diff is already in there, it works and all, but the car gives us ECU problems tossing AYC Service required codes and disabling ACD (you can't switch tarmac/gravel/snow).

Imagine it the same way as trying to do an RS conversion - it's the same thing, deleting the AYC and keeping the ACD.

·
Registered
238 Posts
You bleed the AYC lines?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The Evo X RS has a different RA style ACD (single line) pump. I don't think they cap the lines because they are not there.

Would help to see the codes to narrow it down. If it's related to pump pressure there is a problem, but if your experiencing air in the system, a bad alignment, or if you removed the steering angle sensor or AWC Ecu recently (need calibration) there are options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.