Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I've got a 2011 X GSR that's seen better days - it was left to sit through the pandemic and now I'm trying to get it back up and running. Battery was fully dead and has been replaced - now dealership is telling me that after trying to start the car the starter was "smoking" and needs to be replaced as well.

They refuse to give OEM part number but are telling me it's $875 (part only) for an OEM starter and ~$790 for an aftermarket. Classic dealership grift, I assume?

I believe the OEM part number is MIT-M1810A011D (source: Mitsubishi OEM Starter for 5-Speed Evo X (M1810A011D) *Discontinued*). Rockauto leads me here, for $137: More Information for VALEO 438334

Too good to be true? Would you guys trust this Valeo starter? Wasn't able to find a thread about recommended replacement starter... Do you think their claim about needing a replacement starter even holds water? (Car is now 10 years old and the starter has never been replaced - is it reasonable to think the starter would go after the car sat for 9 months?)

·
Registered
220 Posts
for the price and a 12 month warranty. Sounds good unless you go to an auto parts store and buy something with a life time warranty.

·
Super Moderator
484 Posts

I guess Mitsu discontinued it, which I didnt think they could do yet for a car they made in 2015..
But either way, that’s probably why they are charging so much. Plus on that STM website they have old part numbers too. Hopefully it’ll help you with cross reference.
I would get that rockauto one and see what happens. Some stuff is hit and miss but it’s the cheapest one you’ll find and it has a little warranty.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You can always try e b a y. I got several hits with that part number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts