Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I’m buying this Evo and want to know what things may need replacing due to the rust. Can you list them so I can search up the part and price.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Before you buy it check the AYC/ACD pump on the rear right corner. It's behind the rear right wheel. Follow the lines and check for rust along them. Check the pump for excessive corrosion as well. Those pumps are really expensive to replace if you buy a new one. Usually if the subframe is rusty along with other parts your pump will likely be a bit corroded aswell.

·
Registered
293 Posts
If it has that much rust in the rear, I’m sure the pump either has been replaced before or it will need it very soon.

The pump really doesn’t like the salt from the roads. But there is a relocation kit for it now that puts it in the trunk

·
Registered
188 Posts
That looks like a typical Evo exposed to road salt. It's mostly surface rust so aside from some difficult fasteners, there's nothing that jumps out as needing replacement. Those swaybar endlinks look pretty crusty so just a check of all of your ball joints, endlinks, tierod ends, and suspension bushings would be in order as a PPI step.

As mentioned, the AYC/ACD pump is a known issue. My Ralliart is on its third pump. I seam sealed all the joints and then POR15'd it, so we'll see how that goes long-term but putting it in the trunk will probably be done the next time I have to replace one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts