Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 GSR with 31K miles on it that I will be selling in the near future. I have some mods on it so I'm debating selling it as-is or returning to stock. Do people in the market for an EVO want a slightly modded car or stock?

- 3" MXP short downpipe
- 3" Ultimate Racing HFC + resonator
- 3" Cobb catback
- RRE 3 port boost control solenoid
- Chet Rickerman tune
- ECU Flash
- Tactrix with cable
- AEM wideband in driver side air vent pod
- AEM intake
- Depo Racing upper intercooler pipe
- Dynamat conservatively placed in the trunk, floor, and ceiling. For an EVO X, it is pretty quiet.

It is wicked white with the SSS package and the GSR wheels are also powder coated white. I have all of the stock parts still too.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
112 Posts
IMO a completely stock car will always appeal to more buyers. I personally won't even look at any modded cars, lightly or not.

Also, since the car will sell at same price with or without mods, you will make more money by returning the car to stock and selling the mods individually.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I would list it on forums with mods on it for a price conservatively under what you think you might get parting the mods out. If you don't get interest, return it to stock and list it everywhere else while selling off the parts separately.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I would list it on forums with mods on it for a price conservatively under what you think you might get parting the mods out. If you don't get interest, return it to stock and list it everywhere else while selling off the parts separately.
This.

also you dont have too many mods that would intimidate a buyer and its pretty much everything the next owner would do anyway .

·
Registered
70 Posts
Because it's modded the stealership would lowball you for sure, take SplattJ's advice for sure

·
Registered
232 Posts
The only reason to put it back to stock and sell it would be to get the extra $1500 or so that you MIGHT can get from those mods. That might be on the high end.

But I agree. Those mods aren't crazy to scare anyone away so I would list it as is. If you need to trade it in, you can put it back to stock and sell the mods and that will help get some $ back from the trade in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts