Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

381 - 400 of 488 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
So last night I drove over to Chet's house to get my car tuned. Well what can I say that hasn't already been said? Chet is a stand up guy. Very easy to get along with and always willing to help out if he can. We did the tephra v2 rom, he helped me eliminate the stupid tpms warning light, installed my injectors and do both a 91 and e85 map. Everything went very smooth although we did get some pretty spastic weather. The car so far is running great and I can't thank him enough for his willingness to help. His prices are more than fair, and I'll definitely be having him do any tuning I need from now on.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I recently finished my second E-Tune with Chet, and I am still amazed at the results I got. I changed my setup to an ETS T3 Kit with a GTX3076R and I did not find too many other cars to compare it results. I was hoping for low 400hp but ending up getting more. I experienced Chet tuning with my stock turbo and aftermarket turbo all I can say is that he did an awesome job both times

·
[E-Tuner]
15,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #384
So last night I drove over to Chet's house to get my car tuned. Well what can I say that hasn't already been said? Chet is a stand up guy. Very easy to get along with and always willing to help out if he can. We did the tephra v2 rom, he helped me eliminate the stupid tpms warning light, installed my injectors and do both a 91 and e85 map. Everything went very smooth although we did get some pretty spastic weather. The car so far is running great and I can't thank him enough for his willingness to help. His prices are more than fair, and I'll definitely be having him do any tuning I need from now on.
I recently finished my second E-Tune with Chet, and I am still amazed at the results I got. I changed my setup to an ETS T3 Kit with a GTX3076R and I did not find too many other cars to compare it results. I was hoping for low 400hp but ending up getting more. I experienced Chet tuning with my stock turbo and aftermarket turbo all I can say is that he did an awesome job both times

More than happy to tune both of your cars :)

E85 I'm assuming?
He is running 94 octane

·
Registered
927 Posts
that is impressive numbers for 94 and on GTX3076.

Makes me regret my stock frame 3576R more and more when I see stuff like this.

I should have just ponyed up to a proper t3/t4 setup:duh:

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Chet,

I want to e-tune since I'm stationed in Germany now, with no Evo shop in sight. To get started, should I get the accessport or Tactrix...does one have an advantage over the other?

Thanks!

·
[E-Tuner]
15,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #388
Chet,

I want to e-tune since I'm stationed in Germany now, with no Evo shop in sight. To get started, should I get the accessport or Tactrix...does one have an advantage over the other?

Thanks!
Some people like the AP because it can display gauges on its screen and you can store a lot of maps on it.

I prefer the Tactrix because of the more tuning features, but on the stock turbo or a little larger turbo it doesn't make a huge difference.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The best!

My experience with Chet has been nothing short of awesome. He has been extremely patient with all my derp questions and the long time it would take me to get logs in (hard to find a good road around here). With every revision, the car just got better and better. Now that the tune process is over I'm kind of sad! Getting revisions was like Christmas. Have I mentioned his turnaround time? The man must never sleep!

Thanks to Chet for this awesome experience and an amazing tune.

Now the debate... To e85 or not to e85?

Bottom line! Get your tune from Chet!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Some people like the AP because it can display gauges on its screen and you can store a lot of maps on it.

I prefer the Tactrix because of the more tuning features, but on the stock turbo or a little larger turbo it doesn't make a huge difference.[/QUOTE]

Got it, thanks!

·
[E-Tuner]
15,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #393 (Edited)
Hey guys, I am moving to a new house on the 9th, so starting that day, I wont be starting any new tunes or doing any revisions until the 13th or 14th. If you are interested in a E-tune, you are still more than welcome to send me a PM or email, but it may take me a bit longer to respond than normal.

If you need a basemap for any mods you may be installing during that time, be sure to contact me either today or tomorrow.

[email protected]

Thanks everyone :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey Chet, I just sent you an email and wanted to follow up with a message here since I sent it from my work email. Congrats on the move, talk to you soon.

381 - 400 of 488 Posts