Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

441 - 460 of 488 Posts

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Is there a way to switch tunes on the fly? Or do you recommend a small windows tablet to purchase for uploading tunes?

·
Registered
79 Posts
All it takes to switch between tunes is turning the car off, plugging in your laptop and running ECUFlash. Takes maybe 1-2 mins usually, easy stuff.

I would say just use a laptop, not sure how a tablet would do recognizing the tactrix and whether EcuFlash and EvoScan will run on it.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
I had dual boot on my apple. That's all gone now. I was hoping to get a tablet with Windows X

·
Registered
126 Posts
Chet just finished tuning my X. Couldn't be happier with my tune. Chet took his time working through the maps and addressed all my concerns, as well as answering all my noobish questions surrounding the platform. Car drives great and everything is dialed in perfectly. Thanks Chet!!

I had dual boot on my apple. That's all gone now. I was hoping to get a tablet with Windows X
As long as it's not a RT tablet and it runs full windows it will work fine. Those RT tablets only let you download content from the app store.

BTW, I'm not too far from you (Brentwood).

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
I have probably seen you drive by once or twice. What type of mods do you have?

·
[E-Tuner]
15,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #446
Is there a way to switch tunes on the fly? Or do you recommend a small windows tablet to purchase for uploading tunes?
Yes. With Tephramod V1 you can have 2 maps, or with V3 you can have up to 9 maps

·
Registered
200 Posts
Chet "no worries" Rickerman sets the bar for customer service and e-tuning very high. if e-tuning were a sport i would compare him to Michael Phelps

·
[E-Tuner]
15,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #453
Chet "no worries" Rickerman sets the bar for customer service and e-tuning very high. if e-tuning were a sport i would compare him to Michael Phelps
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
12 Posts
So how does the flex fuel work?

Do we put different types of fuel in our car and you tune for that? Or you make a base tune knowing what the E content is, and use a formula to figure out how the tune would be under different E contents?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also, is it true flex fuel?

Like you can put in E85 one day, and 91 the next, and E10 the day after?

441 - 460 of 488 Posts