Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I recently purchased my dream car (2014 Evo X MR). The car is currently rubbing a bit on the two back tires when I have passengers or when aggressively carving a canyon (even when suspension is stiffened up).

--------
Suspension: Ohlins R/T (MIS-M110)
Wheels: Advan GT 18x9.5 +22
Tires: Advan Neova AD08R 265/35

Alignment
Camber: Fronts -1.4, Rears -1.5

Ride Height: ~26 inches (~660mm) from center wheel arch to floor.
--------

After looking through the forums, the wheel fitment appears to be the largest possible without any aggressive camber or fender rolling (shouldn't rub). I suspect the ride height was lowered a bit too much from stock.

Questions:

1. Does anyone have the fitment above and can share their current ride height and alignment? I would like to avoid rolling any fenders and just raise the height.
  2. Alternatively, can anyone confirm stock ride height?
It would be useful to document ride height for any lowered cars with aftermarket wheels/tires. This can help others in the stickied threads see how much they can lower with aftermarket wheels/tires.

Thank you.

·
Registered
837 Posts
That's definitely much lower than the stock ride height

I can nearly fit my whole fist in my fenderwell at the top of the tire

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's definitely much lower than the stock ride height

I can nearly fit my whole fist in my fenderwell at the top of the tire
Thank you for your feedback. My fist is about 4 inches in diameter (~100mm). My current wheel gap is about an inch and a half (~38mm).

Goal would be to be as flush as possible while comfortably clearing the wheel arches. Raising it 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch may get some laughter from the nearby shop, but that's fine. I know what I want.

My worry is paying to raise it and only finding out later that it still rubs.

·
Registered
189 Posts
How bad is it rubbing? A little camber and maybe an extra 1/4" or so might fix it.

Do those tires run wide or somethings?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up raising the car about 1/2", we'll see if the rubbing is resolved. Unfortunately, the shop also found a broken stabilizer link in the rear passenger side. That will need to be repaired before I test out the wheel clearance.

The higher car will make for a more comfortable daily driver in the long run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts