Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
3,327 Posts
Hi.
Annyone know if its possible to change the oem rockford player with a newer original on with dab radio and proper bluetooth?

with

·
Registered
428 Posts

with

Just make sure you pick the right year with Rockford to get all the modules you need. Also, don't be tempted by cheaper units on eBay and the like as they typically have less RAM and run like garbage.

·
Registered
428 Posts
All of the guides for adding an OEM Navigation unit to a non-Nav car indicate you need one of the same generation. I haven't seen a good writeup on getting a newer unit to work in an older car. I went with a dash kit and an OEM size/shape head unit to keep the stock look but staying OEM is definitely the hard path. I can say the wiring is different but since there's factory CAN bus involved it may take additional coding to make everything actually function.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All of the guides for adding an OEM Navigation unit to a non-Nav car indicate you need one of the same generation. I haven't seen a good writeup on getting a newer unit to work in an older car. I went with a dash kit and an OEM size/shape head unit to keep the stock look but staying OEM is definitely the hard path. I can say the wiring is different but since there's factory CAN bus involved it may take additional coding to make everything actually function.
Thanx. Yea its an hassle. I got navi and everything. But missing the module to stream music via bluetooth and dab+.. Norway has shut down the fm net. So only dab radio

·
Super Moderator
555 Posts
It's very annoying, like was mentioned, to try and use different years navi in the car. I wanted to keep everything OEM, but ended up getting the newest and fastest SYGAV unit for my car, like the above link. It honestly looks pretty much from like it's from the factory and works pretty good. Has apple car play and I use that everywhere now.

Everyone that has been in the car before and after says it made the interior look 10 years newer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts