Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for an RPF1 18X9.5 +15 and Toyo RA1 275 35 18 for my track setup. I also got some coilovers for the install. The coilover install went smoothly but my installer says the rear tires just stick out too much for rolling to work.

He has offered 3 options, none of which are attractive to me at the moment.

1) Buy Fender flare kit made of FRP. modifies my door and fender permanently. I do not like this option.

2) they can fabricate a fender flare kit that ONLY modifies the fenders with metal but it will cost me 3 full days in labor alone. Also a permanent mod that modifies the fenders alone.

3) Buy a widebody kit which is mucho $$$$ and also a lot in labor. not attractive at all.

Here is how the wheel-tire combo sits currently:

Is there any reason why a roll + pull would not work for me. The car is primarily a track car and is all paid for and owned with no intention to resell ever. So all options are on the table.......as long as they make financial sense.

Thanks in advance for all your inputs.

·
Registered
614 Posts
By the looks of it a roll+pull will help but you will need some negative camber adjustment as noted above...

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks like 0 camber
It is for now and can be adjusted. The installer said right now, as it sits, without a roll or pull, he will need to run 5 or 6 degrees of camber in the rear to clear......which even though will look awesome, its just not for me. I was hoping to be done with approx 3degrees in the rear, which is also pretty aggressive if you ask me.

He says the fronts are fine though.

I even read up this thread and lots of people running coilovers with much wider and positive offset setups that are doing just fine with the modified stock fender. What am I missing?

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31253

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are you sure thats a 9.5? that just seems like a lot of poke for a 9.5
yup, as stated in OP, 18 9.5 +15. Not the widest or craziest in the world.

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Go to someone else. Some camber and fender roll and you will be surprised with the clearance.
The tech is pretty good and I'm pretty sure he can get the job done. We just want to know the right thing to do at the moment.

i know what the problem is.
:waiting:

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what coilovers are you on? could be set too low.
Damn, I was hoping nobody would ask since I wanted to keep it under wraps until all was said and done. Sigh....but if it helps this cause, they are AST 5200 with Vorshlag hardware.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
A Very aggressive Roll / Push out will fit them easily with -1* camber
You ahve to roll the lip up and against the inside fender and then push it out.
However there is a real thick seam that has to be rolled diffently than the rest of the arc.

Ive done mine and i fit 285's with ease on +15's

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm running 265 R1's on the same size rim and they almost stick out that far. I'm running -1.5 in the rear and have been fine at the track BUT I'm only lowered .25 in the back. Car handles killer even though I hardly lowered it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
The tech is pretty good and I'm pretty sure he can get the job done. We just want to know the right thing to do at the moment.

:waiting:
He's not good enough. Here are some examples. First one has 265's but far from aggressive camber. The second picture is your exact set-up and he fits...

Wheels: 18x9.5 +15 RPF1
Tires: 265/35/18 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec
Fenders: rear rolled
Front camber: -1.9
Rear camber: -1.2
Rub: nope

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.