Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
i have the same issue. happened once i got tuned. still does it to this day. ive learned to try to ignore it but it still bothers me slightly. went to my tuner about it and he said its normal and not a problem. been like this for like 8 months. sometimes it does it more often other times its not bad at all. pretty sure its tune related but the car runs extremely well other than that. its a minor thing to me

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
i have the same issue. happened once i got tuned. still does it to this day. ive learned to try to ignore it but it still bothers me slightly. went to my tuner about it and he said its normal and not a problem. been like this for like 8 months. sometimes it does it more often other times its not bad at all. pretty sure its tune related but the car runs extremely well other than that. its a minor thing to me
Yea this is the general consensus that I've been getting from others

·
Registered
913 Posts
I don't have that issue at all. You might just have an issue with throttle response at the pedal. If it is slow to close with no load, RPM will spike as the throttle isnt closing as it should.

Thats about the only thing that can cause such a spike in RPM, short of a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OP did you end up solving this issue? Having the exact same issue. Would an exhaust leak before the o2 sensor cause idle hunt while coasting?

·
Registered
22 Posts
i should get my car back next week, having some unrelated work done (upgrades) and asked them to look into this

i'm guessing a vac or boost leak. i couldnt find any but maybe i missed something

21 - 28 of 28 Posts