Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so sometimes when i start my car, the rpms will bounce from 1000 down to almost 100, sometimes the car will even stall out for no reason at all.

this also happens when i get to a stop sign or a red light, and the rpms will just bounce up and down, for maybe about 5 seconds, then they will level out and everything will be fine. this only happens when the car is stopped. i have a video of me starting my car, to help show you guys what it is that the rpms are doing. i wish the audio was better, so you could hear the noise of the engine almost bogging out.

let me know what you guys think, from what i have tried to find on other peoples threads it that it may be an issue with the fuel pump/fuel pump relay??? please help!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
check your fpr hose and relays
i checked the hose, (the little skinny guy kinda under the dip stick) and the AC was not on, i got a cat back exhaust, K&N intake, synapse Bov, and im the 2nd owner of the car, i think the prevous owner might have had it tuned

·
Registered
229 Posts
any codes? i had this a long time ago but it also gave me a cel. mine was fine until a few weeks after my intake was on, i couldn't figure it out so i just switched back to stock and it went back to normal.
mine is an 08 gsr and the intake was injen

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is your car tuned for those mods?!? if it had a test pipe, or some exhaust and not tuned for it, it may idle like that. When i put my test pipe on it idled like that before i got a tune
did your car ever stall tho? and it only happens sometimes, its very random. i think if it was caused by the catback it would happen every time i came to a stop, not just sometimes. i could be wrong tho.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hows your relay?? Did u check them?
visually everything looks okay. are you implying that i should replace it? or what else should i do to trouble shoot?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Do the "salt shaker test" remove the relay and shake it close to you ear then if something moving inside u need to replace them..
What color of your relays?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do the "salt shaker test" remove the relay and shake it close to you ear then if something moving inside u need to replace them..
What color of your relays?
i clicked on the link that joshesevo22 posted below, found the relay,(which is black) removed it and shook it. it does almost make a little squeaky rattling sound...so its shot?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
whats the difference between the blue and the black one? how much do they cost and is it something you can just get from autozone?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.