Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just got my evo in december and since its been too cold to ever drive with the windows open i havent noticed it much but lately when the weather is nice nd i have the windows down, when i accelerate hard, it smells like unburnt fuel really strong coming into the car. i have also been told that the car smells bad from people driving behind me. The car has a aem cold air and hks cat back for mods. Is it running rich? or why does it smell like this?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Did you buy the car with the mods already installed? Sure your not running a test pipe under there? Some people get a smell when using a test pipe. Are you tuned? i would suggest getting a wideband so you can monitor.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Yeah thats how they run with the stock tune. When my car was completely stock if I got on it hard it would blow a cloud of white smoke.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Yeah thats how they run with the stock tune. When my car was completely stock if I got on it hard it would blow a cloud of white smoke.

White smoke usually indicates burning coolant.. Blue smoke is usually oil burning and black smoke too much fuel.. If you just bought this vechicle.. It's not a bad idea to perform a leak down test.. Did you buy your evo used or new?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I bought it new, it might have had some black to it. Cars fine now that I got a tune, no smoke at all.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i bought my car used with the intake and CBE on it, it does not have a test pipe as the dealer replaced the Cat a week after i got it. i was looking into a wideband just dont have the fund for anything right now. It should be okay to run it like this though right?

I also get a bit of clutch slip when running through the gears if i'm driving hard, plan on doing a clutch this summer and was wondering what you reccomend for a DD thats gonna be able to last a long time and be able to withstand a few track days/ launches?

Thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.