Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of this system? Other then being highly effective and very complex, is it dependable? I have never owned a Mitsubishi so this will be my first. I have friends with other cars made from them and the cars are still running today, so I am sure they make a great quality car, but this S-AWC seems like it might be the first to go out, I could be wrong, but I want to know what you guys think.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
I think time will tell, lets see what happens.

·
Registered
949 Posts
AYC and ACD have been used in Europe for quite sometime, with great success. As such, I think its reasonable to state that it will be fine.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I have owned a car with AYC and I would expect it to be the weak link in the SAWC system. It's high maintenance and tends to have a higher fail rate than tolerable after a few years. Hopefully the SAYC will be better engineered.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Reliable?!

The majority of this vehicle you are paying for is for the motor and drivetrain. My take...it'll last for quite some good abuse. :godance:Besides...you know how much rally driving many do with these systems that take brutal punishment?! Everything has its limits. Don't worry but do drive. Personally I've owned a Mitsubishi and she sees the redline daily. Do I worry? Nope...I drive and enjoy it. Time will tell! :rock:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.