Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased new ID1300x2 injectors from a reputable source. Installed them as part of a larger upgrade package (which included a new intake). My MAF scaling is definitely off so that is going to account for something, but my injector scaling values are CRAZY low for 1300cc injectors. I currently have them set to 790 and that gave the best fuel trims both idle and cruise. This is on pump gas, not e85. I can't believe that this value would be correct so I'm trying to sanity check it. My injector pulse width at a stable, warm, stoich idle is ~1.2ms. I know a stock evo should idle at about 2-2.1ms. I would assume that since my injectors are supposed to be twice the flow rate of stock, that they would require half the pulse width, given the same fuel pressure (a measured 43.5psi).

Can someone with the same, or similar, injectors measure the pulse width of their injectors at idle, after warmup, and without the AC on and let me know what your values are?

I'm hoping that I just messed up some scaling somewhere and that I wasn't shipped the wrong injectors. The box they arrived in did show the correct 1300x2 part number.

Also, would Injector Dynamics be able/willing to measure the flow rate of these things if I yanked them and shipped them to them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any suggestions on how to do that? I no longer have the stock injectors. My plan was to run in MAP-only mode and attempt to scale the injectors using the standard method. Assuming the MAP calibration maps are the same as they were with the stock tune, that should work, right?

·
Administrator
3,321 Posts
I recently switched to these injectors after problems with two sets of FIC1650s. My values are:

93: 1026
E85: 745
Latency at 14v: 0.810ms

My idle IPW on ethanol is 1.5

@chetrickerman might correct me, but you could scale these injectors with the stock MAF housing, and then scale the new intake.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Gadget Font Audio equipment Electronic instrument Electronic device

I too just got down some good numbers after using 1125 scaling on 91 on my brand new id1300's.

Still seeing -3ish trims in the super low rpm areas, but to me it seems within line.

The picture is my combined FT's AFTER scaling the AEM intake on stock injectors. Maybe you can use values known to work and that will get you close on the MAF after the fact.

I am not the most knowledgeable head around here though, I would definitely take the guys above me advice first 😅 that's just what worked for me.

From what I've gathered every car is just a bit different

·
Administrator
3,321 Posts
I too just got down some good numbers after using 1125 scaling on 91 on my brand new id1300's.

Still seeing -3ish trims in the super low rpm areas, but to me it seems within line.

The picture is my combined FT's AFTER scaling the AEM intake on stock injectors. Maybe you can use values known to work and that will get you close on the MAF after the fact.

I am not the most knowledgeable head around here though, I would definitely take the guys above me advice first 😅 that's just what worked for me.

From what I've gathered every car is just a bit different
That's pretty much how mine ended up. Then, I took some fuel out of those areas in the "Calibration Fuel Map"

Rectangle Line Font Slope Parallel

Make sure you're excluding anything with IDC(or IPW) = 0 in your histogram.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts