Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in these couple of weeks, my car starts to get these two lights pop up after 20-30 minutes drive? the lights will reset themself after each power cycle. evoscan shows no codes and my accessport ONLY shows ACD C1000.
does anyone have these issues?
I thought my battery was dead, so I repalced a new one but the lights will still pop.
does bad tires, alignments or lack of tire rotations will triggger both lights the together?

any other thoughts?

·
Registered
334 Posts
in these couple of weeks, my car starts to get these two lights pop up after 20-30 minutes drive? the lights will reset themself after each power cycle. evoscan shows no codes and my accessport ONLY shows ACD C1000.
does anyone have these issues?
I thought my battery was dead, so I repalced a new one but the lights will still pop.
does bad tires, alignments or lack of tire rotations will triggger both lights the together?

any other thoughts?
It?s your pump.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
on one?

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Yep, most likely pump.

Are you able to select between gravel, snow and tarmac after you see the message? If not, that's your pump.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yep, most likely pump.

Are you able to select between gravel, snow and tarmac after you see the message? If not, that's your pump.
No I can't.
wouldn't the car throw some sort of the codes related to the pump? like c161e or c161f etc?
if its the pump, wouldn't the light come back immediately after restarting the car?
will the pump issue trigger the shifter/lifter of the transmission lock in P?

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Codes not sure, everything else is a nope. It starts... it takes a few minutes to drive, and the SAWC message goes.

Consider the probability - pump is single most common issue on this car - you are highly unlikely to have something else AWC related other than a pump.

If your car is under 160k kms, or 100k miles, you still have warranty for pump I believe, even if modified.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Codes not sure, everything else is a nope. It starts... it takes a few minutes to drive, and the SAWC message goes.

Consider the probability - pump is single most common issue on this car - you are highly unlikely to have something else AWC related other than a pump.

If your car is under 160k kms, or 100k miles, you still have warranty for pump I believe, even if modified.
good to know, but AZ dealers are mod friendly.
I am having my shop to try to read some codes this weekend, maybe their scan tools can read more than my AP and evoscan.
i will try to go to dealer if I can't find out more about it in my shop

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
good to know, but AZ dealers are mod friendly.
I am having my shop to try to read some codes this weekend, maybe their scan tools can read more than my AP and evoscan.
i will try to go to dealer if I can't find out more about it in my shop
When my pump went I was at 85k miles. I brought it to the dealer and asked them to look at it - they did all the work under warrant ythough my car was modified. The risk if it was not the pump was me being out of $100 for diagnostics.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When my pump went I was at 85k miles. I brought it to the dealer and asked them to look at it - they did all the work under warrant ythough my car was modified. The risk if it was not the pump was me being out of $100 for diagnostics.
I did more research about the code c1000, and I found out that this code will trigger ASC light and AWC light according from the USER manual. the code will also locked my lifter/shifter (sst) into park (randomly) as it is related to brake light switch. I will disscuss more with my shop this weekend, hopefully its not my pump fail on me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts