Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm signed up in the intermediate category to take my MR out on Pocono on May 3rd. My father is also signed up with his modified 69 Barracuda. I was curious if anyone else from the forum was planning on attending this SCCA event? Would be awesome to have some other Evos to play with on track.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! How many other events have you done? And what tires did you order? I have a set of re11s I run for now.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
168 Posts
Awesome! How many other events have you done? And what tires did you order? I have a set of re11s I run for now.

I've done about 5 or 6. I was at Pocono last summer, but on the infield course.

I'm ordering RE-71r's. They released a new size this year 285/30 so I am trying to get a set of those. They are just starting to arrive in the states now, so I should have them in time.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice, I'm new to Pocono but have done Watkins Glen, NJMSP, and English town. What wheel do you plan to run with such a wide tire? I'm still on stock MR rims.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Nice, I'm new to Pocono but have done Watkins Glen, NJMSP, and English town. What wheel do you plan to run with such a wide tire? I'm still on stock MR rims.

Cool. I've also been to the Glen and NJMP. Really want to go back to the Glen at some point soon. I hope to get there this year. We'll see...

I have Advan 18x10's. I'm on ZII's right now but they are about shot. Looking to see what the fuss is all about with these RE71's.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Nice, stockish ride height, and I assume you had the fenders rolled?

Also, the Glen is probably my all time favorite track that have driven on thus far.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I live about 25 minutes from the track and would love to come. I have only done the dragstrip in the evo. How do I sign up? Do I need anything done to the car?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As long as you have a helmet, even a complete ly stock car can participate.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I live about 25 minutes from the track and would love to come. I have only done the dragstrip in the evo. How do I sign up? Do I need anything done to the car?
See the link posted above to sign up, and also check out this link for more information about what to expect.

http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/pages/what-to-expect

You don't need anything done to the car, except for it to be in good working condition - no leaks or anything wrong. You also need a helmet, but I think they have some loaners as well.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If we show up with a bunch of Evo Xs, this should be pretty awesome. Sharing tips on driving line / car setups can be very helpful. Last time around at an SCCA event at NJMSP I was the only X racing.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If we show up with a bunch of Evo Xs, this should be pretty awesome. Sharing tips on driving line / car setups can be very helpful. Last time around at an SCCA event at NJMSP I was the only X racing.

Definitely. I've never driven on this configuration before, so I'll be open to tips/suggestions. Even though I've been to Pocono, none of the same corners are in this track layout, so it's all new for me.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Definitely. I've never driven on this configuration before, so I'll be open to tips/suggestions. Even though I've been to Pocono, none of the same corners are in this track layout, so it's all new for me.
Never been to Pocono so you got me beat. Looks like an awesome layout though.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I want to do an event where my fiancee can ride shotgun is that possible at an event like this?
Only if she is a registered driver in another car. My father is registered in another class, so we can ride in each other's cars. No non-driver ride alongs are allowed.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts