Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
[Tom Cruise lookalike]
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just feel like venting about this ugly scuff on my car. I walked up to it this morning and saw some bird crap so I grabbed my microfiber rag to wipe it off. As I walk closer to the car I saw it, the Big Ugly Scuff.

Right on the roof above the driver side door. I'll post a pic later. Looks like someone rubbed a piece of sand paper on the roof. I don't know what caused it but I'm going to try and get an estimate on getting it cleaned up later. Ugh, if a person did that I want to kick them in the testicles repeatedly... >.<;

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Have you tried using a buffer? Talk to dino, he's dealing with the same frustrations right now, plus I think he's local for you.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I just worry if I try and do anything involving buffing myself that I could make it worse, whereas I know a professional will make it go away. Unless Dino has the mad skills because he is near me. :p
Well I know he was saying he had phantom swirl marks in his hood and at sometime around midnight he decided to buff them out. I wouldn't suggest just grabbing a buffer and having at it if it is your first time. See if you can hook up with dino over the weekend, he's got some stuff that can probably take care of it relatively easy.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Update! Just got back from the place, he said he can buff it for like $47 so no big deal, but he isn't sure if it will all come out... dammit. So I have to hope it comes out or the only hope would be repainting the roof.
Argh, best wishes. Hope he can return it to a near factory finish for you.

·
Administrator
24,215 Posts
I feel your pain, Wes. I've gotten several random scuffs on my car out of nowhere. Like Spicy said, I was even getting some out at midnight last night.

Any decent detail shop should be able to axe your scuffs.

I'm half considering doing some extra layers of clearcoat on my car for protection.

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
I put multiple layers of Zaino on my car when I finally got home from deployment a couple months ago. Not a single scratch or chip. And I drive it on the highway everyday.

Make sure you guys put a good layer(s) of wax/polish on it.

USE Z2 clearcoat protectant...

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I noticed a random dent on mine the other day :S ..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.