Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with an SE remove the lip off the trunk and replace it with something better ?? If so how did you remove the factory trunk lip ??

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Oh, ouch.

I have a feeling you'll be in for a surprise.

The factory lip spoiler includes instructions mentioning a hole being drilled into the edge of the deck lid. Instead of doing this, mine is held on with tape alone and I dremel'd that little tab off that's supposed to go into the trunk.

If the factory installs as the factory part instructions say, you're in for a lil surprise.

You'll have to make this hole weather tight when switching to something "better," and if you're looking to get a wing of any kind and remove this lip, you'll have that hole in the middle.

But aside from that, I believe one screw in the center holds that tab in, or no screw at all, and there's a lot of extremely tough double-sided tape. Similar to emblem tape. Heat (baking in the sun all day is best) + dental floss + goo-gone is a sure bet.

·
Registered
404 Posts
wow i didnt know you had to drill a hole just for the trunk lip? ill just double sided tape it

·
Registered
773 Posts
The factory lip spoiler includes instructions mentioning a hole being drilled into the edge of the deck lid. Instead of doing this, mine is held on with tape alone and I dremel'd that little tab off that's supposed to go into the trunk.

When I had my STi, I did the same thing. Went wingless and then decided to add the lip spoiler from the STi limited. The instructions also mentioned adding a hole for the spoiler. I also cut that tab off and the lip was held on with 3M double sided tape. The wing never budged, even at 130+ mph. Also, this is a good method, b/c you can remove the lip spoiler at any time and go back to completely wingless.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im just hunting around looking at diffrent trunk lips and wanted to know how the factory one came off before I bought anything. looks like its staying. Dont want to deal with havin to fill holes and what not.

·
Registered
706 Posts
bringing back this thread
i am looking for the mr/se trunk lip i can not find part number for it do they still sell oem ones?

·
[X General Mod], [Sales Mod]
854 Posts
Oem... not sure.
i had the rexpeed cf lip on my trunk. Folks thought i had an MR... until they saw big pieces of tape covering the wing holes

·
Registered
706 Posts
Oem... not sure.
i had the rexpeed cf lip on my trunk. Folks thought i had an MR... until they saw big pieces of tape covering the wing holes
how did the rexspeed one fit ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts