Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
It's summer, people are bored with their car, people can't handle the maintenance, people bought a car out of their price range, etc.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Well with the "factory being destroyed in Japan" and all the "engines blowing up", people realize it's time to ditch this sinking ship.. ;)

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
There are a couple of reasons people jump ship:
-People end up putting a car on it's last leg, then sell it so that they don't have to deal with fixing it (meat_evo).
-People move on from the boy racer stage
-People can't afford them

and to comment on motors blowing... people are just pushing them to too far of a limit... unforunately the motors are not bullet proof... but name one that actually is (minus 2JZ and RB's). There are only so many years of development into this motor. There are only isolated cases of built motors going which usually is a freak accident. People tend to see a motor blown thread and think it is the end of the world.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Funny you should mention this. I just sold mine.

/not!

·
Registered
459 Posts
I purchased this car at an early age(just before 19) and had my fair share of headaches with it but through time stuck it out and got back on my feet. I tell everyone that asks me why haven't I ditched the car the same reason, I knew what I was getting myself into and I love the car and will own it until its payed off and then I will purchase a new SUV/CAR that I will no longer mod. Ok...ok maybe a set of wheels but thats all haha...it is a shame but hey it puts some sweet deals out there for slightly used parts!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Most of the people that juiced the power from the x found out that the 4b11 isn't the most durable engines out there. Also with the rising of gas price, people don't want to put up with this thing that drinks gasoline like water. I totally can see this coming though... plus the job market sucks still. The rising of gas price has negated the economy recovery.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
It's summer, people are bored with their car, people can't handle the maintenance, people bought a car out of their price range, etc.
How can you possibly get bored with the car?! I have had mine for 2 years and I enjoy it as much or more today, because it's modded how I like. 3 parts of my day I love, drive to work, drive from work, arrive at home to see my family.

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
How can you possibly get bored with the car?! I have had mine for 2 years and I enjoy it as much or more today, because it's modded how I like. 3 parts of my day I love, drive to work, drive from work, arrive at home to see my family.
I didn't say me, lol. Some people want a big flashy ************ with 22 inch spinners and neons. They buy an Evo and they realize that, shit, they have to take care of the car and stuff.

Or they can't afford mods.

Or they don't want to pay for something fast.

That would make the car get boring really fast. Hell, show guys'll get bored with it when they realize that Voltex didn't make any crazy aero for it.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I didn't say me, lol. Some people want a big flashy ************ with 22 inch spinners and neons. They buy an Evo and they realize that, shit, they have to take care of the car and stuff.

Or they can't afford mods.

Or they don't want to pay for something fast.

That would make the car get boring really fast. Hell, show guys'll get bored with it when they realize that Voltex didn't make any crazy aero for it.
I didn't mean you! I just meant in general, how could someone get bored with it unless they bought it for the wrong reasons, like you said.

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
I didn't mean you! I just meant in general, how could someone get bored with it unless they bought it for the wrong reasons, like you said.
Non-idiots like us will never know, Tekky-Poo.

·
Resting in Peace
7,218 Posts
Man, I've spent boatloads of cash and hundreds of hours working on and troubleshooting my car. I'm confident that it'll be solid sometime this Summer. Sell it? Insanity.

I can't blame anyone for upgrading to a car that is better out of the box since they hold resale value.

Yeah, we've also seen a few recent posts from people that can't afford their cars...like the guy that wants to pick & choose which drivetrain fluids to change...and the guy that buys a used, modded car and blames the shop for not fixing it for free. Ugh.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
:+1: Even once I pay my Evo off, it's not going anywhere.

5,198 Posts
I've had my Evo 8 for 6 years now. I barely drive it now that I have the Ralliart.

Sometimes I think of selling it. Usually when I haven't driven it for weeks.

Then I pull it out of the garage, dust it off and go for a drive. It usually takes me about 30 minutes into my drive where I almost always say out loud "I can never sell this sonofabitch, what was I thinking..."

I did get a little tired of driving it every day, but now I have the Ralliart so I get to keep the Evo a single minded machine and enjoy it for what it excels at... kicking ass.

·
aka TJs98GT
589 Posts
I'm hoping to see more "back to stock" threads where I can scoop up a used Ultimate racing dual exhaust at a good price!

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
I'm hoping to see more "back to stock" threads where I can scoop up a used Ultimate racing dual exhaust at a good price!
I'd like to see a short runner manifold for less than $500...

1 - 20 of 93 Posts