Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I was driving my Evo X MR '08 on the highway today with about 80 mph when a service required light came on.

Every time I turn the engine off and start it up again it will disappear. Then I will get this warning again in about 5 minutes again.
I used my Tactrix and EvoScan to get an error code, however I get no DTCs.

Any tips? Am I not using the correct settings on EvoScan maybe?
AYC fluid is on proper level.

Mods: AEM CAI, ETS FMIC, HKS Catback, Testpipe, TS BOV, Perrin EBCS, Etuned.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bad omen, but shouldn't there be a code that I can pull up with EvoScan to pinpoint exactly what the fault is?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today with normal drive to work, no issue reported.
No change in behaviour of how it drives either.
Will take it for a bit of a faster drive tonight see what it says then.

Looking at my trunk tank - it looks like the oil is quite dark.
About 10k miles after last change, so if this persists, I am starting there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Most probably there is a problem with the pump. I had same issue. Won't see any codes, MUT III tools shows the proper codes. Don't wait to pop-up again the warning, bring it to the dealer or other shop for repair.

My AWC pump was repaired twice after such service required warnings. Once was the hydraulic part of the pump, 4 months after the repair it popped up again, this time electric motor was gone. Now my pump is totally serviced and runs fine :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most probably there is a problem with the pump. I had same issue. Won't see any codes, MUT III tools shows the proper codes. Don't wait to pop-up again the warning, bring it to the dealer or other shop for repair.

My AWC pump was repaired twice after such service required warnings. Once was the hydraulic part of the pump, 4 months after the repair it popped up again, this time electric motor was gone. Now my pump is totally serviced and runs fine :)
Thanks for the info.
Who did the job, dealer or alternative place?

PS I dont like Balkanstar

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also - EvoScan appears to support MUTIII for AYC, though nothing is logged there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts