Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking at putting a different exhaust on my MR and I came across this;

Link

I also have a Lancer and was thinking of giving it a bit more kick, what do you think of this exhaust??

Link

Thanks for your replies guys!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Go with Akrapovic...if you can afford a 4k exhaust that is. I love my ETS exhaust man. Amazing quality parts. As for tanabe, I hear they're good but I personally don't like the way they are made. I like the sleek design of the Twin Tip V-2 from ETS much better.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I'd get Specialty X if I had it to do over again.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Go with Akrapovic...if you can afford a 4k exhaust that is. I love my ETS exhaust man. Amazing quality parts. As for tanabe, I hear they're good but I personally don't like the way they are made. I like the sleek design of the Twin Tip V-2 from ETS much better.

I would go with an ETS as well. I was debating on an exhaust, though i didn't get the ETS, I wish i would have but, at the time i didnt have 900 to drop on a exhaust...I was going to make up for it via AMS Downpipe, and ETS HFC.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So 2 ETS and 1 Specialty X and 1 Tanabe.

I am looking for a deep tone and nothing too ricey. Something with no more than 4" tips and a nice growl but not something that will annoy my neighbors.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I have full ETS boltons. Best quality mods man. I installed full AMS stuff on a buddies car as well as my own ETS stuff. Honestly, I couldn't tell you why AMS stuff is so expensive. Same parts same material same gains. Quality is flawless on both as well. Just AMS is twice the cost. And for no good reason at all that I can find. I do like the ETS intake much better than the AMS intake but that's preference. Those are my experiences. I have none with Tanabe, just what I hear.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
So 2 ETS and 1 Specialty X and 1 Tanabe.

I am looking for a deep tone and nothing too ricey. Something with no more than 4" tips and a nice growl but not something that will annoy my neighbors.
If you want that then get this:

AMS Widemouth Downpipe
ETS Catback with HFC
ETS V-2 Exhaust

Now if you want something not so loud then get the Normal Mufflers that ETS has. If you want something quieter than that then get the Quiet Muffler that ETS makes. Both are the best quality parts bro.

I have the ETS recirculating Downpipe with High Flow Cat and Normal mufflers and it sets off car alarms when I hit the gas. A buddy of mine had the same setup as me but with the AMS down pipe and his was a beautiful low rumble. The quiet exhaust will muffle the sound more but will be loud enough to make you smile. At WOT is when the exhaust comes out to play. Either configuration you will love it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have a CNT RS Exhaust I like it...it was about 450 bucks I looked at reviews and mostly all gave it a thumbs up, though it had a little fitment issues but other than that its great. It really comes down to how much money you have. Just look at the quality since most of the exhaust will have the same HP range. but you have the money then go for the ETS. If your worried about sound then...I really wouldn't update the exhaust.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I like the tanabe tips and their exhausts usually sound really good on other cars.
ETS tips look terrible.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
that akarapovic (or however you spell it) is entirely too quiet for my liking.
:+1:

I wish they would make a louder version of this.

Akro+AMS DP+tomei test pipe=win <3

Fixed it Sean. :)

Could also probably buy the muffler and use something from another exhaust, oh the possibilities....

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
cp-e catback
cp-e high flow cat
MAP downpipe

·
Registered
604 Posts
Im looking into ETS V2 quiet. I like the look of the tips, nothing too flashy. Im just worried the quiet wont be loud enough. I dont want a super loud exhaust i just want something that is louder than stock but will still get you excited. Can anyone comment on how much louder the V2 quiet is than the stock exhaust?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.