Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not putting this in the for sale thread as of yet, but I have a spare Shep Trans. Brand new installed then as the Evo was being tuned a big BANG happend, Turns out one of the gears was put in wrong and the cost to fix is just over $300usd. Shep gave back another one and now I have this just sitting around.. might just fix the gear then sell it or sell it as is and some one could fix it or send it to shep to get it fixed!
The reason Im waning to sell as is, is bc I dont have a dime in my name till after my wedding in July
What do you guys think I should do... sit on it, keep it just incase, or sell it to have some play money on my off season lol?

·
[Detailing Moderator], [Local Team Mod], [Bone Clo
21,479 Posts
I'd sit on it JUST in case. It won't lose any value lol. What I'd do, if you have the space for it, is leave it, have it repaired after the wedding, and either keep it as a spare or sell it. If you sell it in "repaired" state, maybe just find a buyer, then ship it to Shep to get repaired and have Shep ship it back to the buyer, to save on shipping it all around the country multiple times.

Unless you're local to Shep that is. :)

·
Banned
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd sit on it JUST in case. It won't lose any value lol. What I'd do, if you have the space for it, is leave it, have it repaired after the wedding, and either keep it as a spare or sell it. If you sell it in "repaired" state, maybe just find a buyer, then ship it to Shep to get repaired and have Shep ship it back to the buyer, to save on shipping it all around the country multiple times.

Unless you're local to Shep that is. :)
Thanks man, This would be the best way to go your right!! Just HATE not having $$$ in my wallet, and to go on for another 6months will kill me... Not saying its a bad thing to save as much as you can esp for a day like a wedding!! I Cant wait for that!

Sell it to me lol
If your the person in your avitar ill make you a good deal... if not.. PM me and we can talk!

·
21,479 Posts
Yea I hear ya. Saving for my wedding a couple of years ago SUCKED. Once it's over it's suuuuch a relief. You have a spare trans right now though. You can always do the repair/sell before the wedding too if you decide to sell it. What are the chances your trans fails again? lol

I guess if you decide to sell you can do it anytime. Build the repair and shipping cost into the price, cut off 10% or something, and attract some buyers.

Worst case if your trans fails AGAIN, well, not like you have a working one just sitting there, it'd have to be repaired anyway. So sitting on a failed trans doesn't do that much good.

I know I'm contradicting myself a little now but I had some time to mull it over - haha!

And congrats on the wedding!

·
Banned
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I hear ya. Saving for my wedding a couple of years ago SUCKED. Once it's over it's suuuuch a relief. You have a spare trans right now though. You can always do the repair/sell before the wedding too if you decide to sell it. What are the chances your trans fails again? lol

I guess if you decide to sell you can do it anytime. Build the repair and shipping cost into the price, cut off 10% or something, and attract some buyers.

Worst case if your trans fails AGAIN, well, not like you have a working one just sitting there, it'd have to be repaired anyway. So sitting on a failed trans doesn't do that much good.

I know I'm contradicting myself a little now but I had some time to mull it over - haha!

And congrats on the wedding!
:bowlol: Thanks bro.. so right tho!!
and Thanks :D

The thing is, I live in Canada so shipping to most members can be quite a whore bag! but then again to ship to Shep its not all that much!
All I know is this sob is heavy, im guessing 150lbs maybe more lol

·
21,479 Posts
Ugh! That sucks. The shipping cost part, not the living in Canada part. I love my trips to Toronto. :D

Yeah, if you plan to sell it, definitely line up a buyer first, build into the price the cost of repair/shipping, send it to shep and have him send it to the US buyer. :) It'll save you tons on shipping I bet, if you do it that way!!

·
Premium Member
11,760 Posts
How much do you see yourself asking for it?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide App

·
Banned
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ugh! That sucks. The shipping cost part, not the living in Canada part. I love my trips to Toronto. :D

Yeah, if you plan to sell it, definitely line up a buyer first, build into the price the cost of repair/shipping, send it to shep and have him send it to the US buyer. :) It'll save you tons on shipping I bet, if you do it that way!!
For sure, Ill give Shep a call and a email showing the gear that has the bad teeth and go from there
:D

How much do you see yourself asking for it?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide App
I would like 1900 for it! but again the price isnt ferm I still have no clue Guess it would be good for some one who wanted to upgrade and sell theirs or for some one that needs one. !

·
Registered
345 Posts
anyone else find it strange that with all these Evo trannies Shep builds that something was installed wrong? I know we all make mistakes...just weird to me. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
So if you were to ship it to shep and have it fixed, you could have shep ship it to the final buyer of it. If that was a possibility, how much would you want for it delivered to my door? :)

·
Banned
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where did you see this? I couldn't find anyone else that had this issue....
I think hes saying Shep WOULDNT mess up and install a gear in the wrong direction.. thats the reason they send back a new one lol

So if you were to ship it to shep and have it fixed, you could have shep ship it to the final buyer of it. If that was a possibility, how much would you want for it delivered to my door? :)
Yep, I would have to look into this.. but right now I have a guy local that might want it.. Im just trading him and hes doing the fix.. hes a good guy local and I might trade him for his Voltex Lip.

·
Registered
345 Posts
SPÖÖLIN ↑↑;994899 said:
Turns out one of the gears was put in wrong and the cost to fix is just over $300usd. Shep gave back another one and now I have this just sitting around.. might just fix the gear then sell it or sell it as is and some one could fix it or send it to shep to get it fixed!
That's what I was talking about...Shep put a gear in wrong. I just meant based on his experience with the evo tranny that this would happen, thats all. Glad he fixed the issue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts