Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I am again, at the mercy of all of you. I'm looking at buying an S2k across the country and I'm thinking of shipping home. I know there are a lot of military doods in here that probably have a lot of experience with this, whereas I have zero.

Do they take pretty good care of the car? Any good companies to go with or any certain ones to stay the F away from?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked them out. They are going to charge me an extra $800 to get it to my house instead of their closest port which is 250 miles away.... So a grand total of like $2300 to ship it... Holy crap.

·
Banned
1,821 Posts

·
Banned
1,821 Posts
I checked them out. They are going to charge me an extra $800 to get it to my house instead of their closest port which is 250 miles away.... So a grand total of like $2300 to ship it... Holy crap.
well they're just hiring a tow truck.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stupid expensive. I can fly there and drive back for about 1/3 of the price of shipping it... Another company quoted me 3200... F that noise.

Looks like I might be going to New Jersey. Anyone near there want to party?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just messing around with their site. It is a different way to do business I guess. The prices look pretty good, though. I'll need to research a bit more. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have a friend (He is active duty military as well) that owns his own auto transport company... So I never really had to mess with the big companies... But I will say that no matter what it will be cheaper to fly there and drive back.. I know the army she most cars using das though

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a friend (He is active duty military as well) that owns his own auto transport company... So I never really had to mess with the big companies... But I will say that no matter what it will be cheaper to fly there and drive back.. I know the army she most cars using das though
Yeah I figured it will cost me around 900 to fly and drive back including gas, food and a hotel, whereas DAS is going to be 1800 for a base rate and 2700 to actually get it to my hometown, not one 250 miles away... I think living in the middle of nowhere is jacking the prices sky high.

5,198 Posts
Idiots bumping an eight year old thread and adding no value.

Here, I will add some value here.

I recently had my Evo transported cross country from California to New Jersey.

I did a ton of research, most transport companies had horrible reviews, one that stood out that had literally no bad reviews that I could find was Intercity Lines.

So I used them. Enclosed transport. I was *not* at the location of pickup but EVERYTHING went smoothly regardless. It came seven days later 100% as clean as when it was picked up and zero damage. I even had a great conversation with the driver.

It cost $2,095.00.

Worth every penny.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts