Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this thread, we show off what we ride with 2 wheels.

Here's mine, 1969 Royal Enfield Bullet. Built it myself during my time working in India.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Nice! even though i grew up around these bikes. I always hated that shifter and the brake were inverted.I guess its all British bikes of that time tho. Did you import it to the states?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! even though i grew up around these bikes. I always hated that shifter and the brake were inverted.I guess its all British bikes of that time tho. Did you import it to the states?
Yea brought it back with me, second one since I also built one for my Dad. And of course, soon as I got home it broke a couple rings and I'm going to have to redo the engine. Gotta love Indian engineering. I prefer the reverse shifters. Ended up fabbing the new 5 speed on it but kept it English style shift. Here's the other one I built.

=Jason-

·
Registered
461 Posts

Sold her a bit over a year ago, I've regretted it everyday since

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
In this thread, we show off what we ride with 2 wheels.

Here's mine, 1969 Royal Enfield Bullet. Built it myself during my time working in India.

Is this an Enfield India Bullet? That's the only way it could be a '69, right?

Still, it's the longest running production bike, ever. 75 years straight.

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
reading fail lol

Well, he calls it a Royal Enfield that he built in India, which would make it an Enfield India Ltd. There's a difference.

Also...

Did he work for them? Did he just buy the bike? I have lots of questions about it. I read about this bike in Wired magazine a few months ago. It's a great bike for like five grand. And, being in the market for a bike, I found this to be an option. Hopefully the OP can clear things up for me.

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
My 2008 Yamaha R1 w/ Santander replica decals and paint.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
1 - 20 of 168 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.