Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a "what do you do for a living" thread, but what do you do, besides what you do?
I'm looking to start making some hobby income. I have a cushy desk job and I need some more fulfillment. Not hurting for money or anything, but just want to "work for myself" a little on the side.
Anyone here share that mentality? Who here makes money on the side, and how do you do it?

·
[Detailing Moderator], [Local Team Mod], [Bone Clo
21,478 Posts
PewDiePie is an edge case. It's not easy to get a following and make significant money from it.

I did headlights. :) It was fun. Then I got a new job, and it pays well enough that I can focus on hobbies that don't make money, as time > $

·
Registered
13,446 Posts
Some people their hobby makes them millionaire.Tavi Gevinson 19 y/o is a $7,000,000 M kid started her fashion blog when she's 13. I'm 46 and I even don't have 1/2 million. One day....I hope I'm still alive.

·
[Detailing Moderator], [Local Team Mod], [Bone Clo
21,478 Posts
My hobby is also my job, which gets me oodles of company stock, bonus, and a 401k. I've been doing my hobby since I was 4, so it was a natural fit. I *really* lucked out.

*hugs his high end male prostitution company*

·
Registered
10 Posts
I beg for change on freeway off-ramps.......................................................Not

It is hard to explain, but my job also has side jobs I can do, or not, that help supplement my income.

I give to people on the off-ramps once a month actually. Most of them are pretty nice people. I buy a couple of burgers from McDonalds. I do what I can to help.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Valet at a high end hotel. I drove most cars already. But still live the evo.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Private tutoring - high school level AP chemistry, physics, biology - grabbing as much cash before the knowledge completely leaves me

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'll do some side consulting for small businesses on their IT infrastructure/security, I coach private hockey lessons, detail/paint correct cars, and some photography.

Since I work from home 85% of the time, it allows for this kinda extra income.

·
Registered
274 Posts
3 work studies at school and an internship to fund my parts addiction -.-

·
Registered
912 Posts
^^^ that shit fucked up my arms. Maybe I was too young going in twice a week in highschool. My veins are constantly swollen because of it. I witnessed so many bums blow out the tube. Never again.

eBay over here for me. Girlfriend's only job which I assist. I do everything from my couch (hence my background in the pictures) from my ipad. I will sell anyhting and everything. Check us out if you are not busy. We started doing classes as well. http://stores.ebay.com/Piglets-Closet?_rdc=1

·
[Global Mod], [Local Team Member]
2,511 Posts
USMC and I'm trying to get my ffl so I can start gunsmithing again.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts