Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
i do have hub rings but had to order a new one from SSR. I did notice that when i installed it, the ring didnt snap in and just kind of loosely sat in the wheel. I couldnt even take it out to try and re insert it because of the clip that you install afterwards had locked it in. You think thats the problem?

That could be an issue. What did you torque the lugs to? Make sure the wheel is fully seated on the hub. It can sometimes take MORE than the required lug torque to do that if the hub ring is really tight. If this is a concern, check run out on each wheel.

If they were balanced and installed on the car before and you never noticed the issue, then rebalancing wouldn't solve it. The wheels aren't just going to magically go out of balance unless a weight fell off or something. Unlikely to happen when they are being stored.

·
Registered
709 Posts
ill try and get a new hub ring and start from there. I didnt get to ride on them before so i dont know if the balance on those tires was correct, but id assume my alignment wouldnt just go out for no reason. i'll update in a week or so.

Oh, I thought that you had already had them on the car. That doesn't rule out the balancing then. They very well could be out from not being done correctly in the first place. I'd get them checked before you spend money on rings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.