Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
so about 4 months ago i had my car aligned with my snow tires and then we didnt have any friggin snow! this week i put my new SSRs on the car and went from 18x8.5 to 18x9.5 wheels. The steering wheels vibrates heavily at 80mph now. Is it common practice to have the car re-aligned every time you swap wheels? these wheels were previously balanced before i put them on a few months ago.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i do have hub rings but had to order a new one from SSR. I did notice that when i installed it, the ring didnt snap in and just kind of loosely sat in the wheel. I couldnt even take it out to try and re insert it because of the clip that you install afterwards had locked it in. You think thats the problem?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ill try and get a new hub ring and start from there. I didnt get to ride on them before so i dont know if the balance on those tires was correct, but id assume my alignment wouldnt just go out for no reason. i'll update in a week or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.