Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dual exhaust now and i bought a turbo xs hfc now it rubbing up against my drive shaft. Ive done some modifications to the hfc and know i cant sell it. Im wondering should I see if i can fix or change the mid pipe so it wont rub, or get a single exhaust and it will move away from the drive shaft?

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
if u want to save money, just by a new tp, if u want to spend money and drop some weight, get the tomei expreme exhaust.

Do u have a pictue of the hfc? I have a t1r resinated test pipe and it doesnt rub or anything.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the turbo xs pipe moved my mid pipe up and now it rubs, im trying to find a way to fix my exhaust and sell the old pipe

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I fucking love my Tomei!!!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Agree with wisnia.
To make it sound like an Evo it's gotta be single. Dual just doesn't do for me.

I'd replace rest pipe to different one, unless somehow test pipe is installed incorrectly cuz as far as I remember it has a slight bend in it.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
if u want to save money, just by a new tp, if u want to spend money and drop some weight, get the tomei expreme exhaust.

Do u have a pictue of the hfc? I have a t1r resinated test pipe and it doesnt rub or anything.
+1 for the T1R resonated test pipe. I personally went with dual because I like the look and it attracts less attention. Single out and straight pipe is ideal, but it's the faster way to get an exhaust too loud ticket where I'm from so I ruled it out on that reason and that reason alone.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
i went w dual i hate that empty hole on the left side
I just slapped on a password jdm tow hook to fill the empty slot. I love my single ams exhaust, sounds mean.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
+1 for the T1R resonated test pipe. I personally went with dual because I like the look and it attracts less attention. Single out and straight pipe is ideal, but it's the faster way to get an exhaust too loud ticket where I'm from so I ruled it out on that reason and that reason alone.

that was my same thought process before. I wanted dual to keep the noise down and attract less attention to myself. Was going to go with the ets v2, but a local member sold me his tomei for $700...how could i pass that up, haha.

Kinda off topic, but i did a search before and found a few threads that a few vendors were going to make a single exit rear diffuser, did that ever happen?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts