Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Every thing i have read says they perform the same. There are pros and cons to both setups. Singles tend to be louder (some may like this), but weigh less where as the duals weigh more but tend to be quieter. Other than that it just comes down to looks!

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
how much weight difference are we talking about. I would like to shed pounds off my car but the sound is the main thing when it comes to changing my exhaust, i want it to be quiet as possible so dual tip is probably better for me. None the less a aftermarket exhaust is going to be lighter then stock.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Dual, if you have the dual outlet cutouts, single looks stupid IMO. Dual Ets looks sexy.

·
Registered
455 Posts
on a small 4 cylinder engine (read 4b11t) a single tip exhaust is going to have better flow characteristics ceteris paribus, in addition to weight savings (if the construction methods and materials are the same). So if you plan on going all out with the mods and power for your car i'd pick a single tip, probably 3 - 3.5 inches.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
From all my research within the last 2 weeks I will be getting either the Greddy Ti-C single 80mm piping with the downpipe included or might go with the T1R 90R which is a 90mm piping that half an inch would help with the better flow but the greedy sounds a lot better IMO good luck with ur pick I would say go with single I'd u want power and if u don't care just want looks go with duel

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Gonna say single....for all the reasons above....plus i love my AMS single exhaust... alittle loud....i don't mind much cause it sounds mean when i rev it. My my brother who owns a new camarro wanna upgrade his exhuast....lol.

·
[Detailing Moderator], [Local Team Mod], [Bone Clo
21,478 Posts
on a small 4 cylinder engine (read 4b11t) a single tip exhaust is going to have better flow characteristics ceteris paribus, in addition to weight savings (if the construction methods and materials are the same). So if you plan on going all out with the mods and power for your car i'd pick a single tip, probably 3 - 3.5 inches.
Ceteris paribus, niiice.

20 pound difference seems like a bit much between two stainless steel systems
Until you throw TI into the mix. Tomei FTW. A touch loud but I wouldn't trade it for anything else. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts