Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put some mods together for having fun on the track...

2010 SE
3" Speedforce custom exhaust w/ test pipe
AEM intake
Wahlboro 255 FP
RC1200 injectors
AMS tranny cooler
Eibach springs
Zeitronixs wideband O2
E85/ 91 maps
Reese Tuned

It made 310 hp on the mustang although we couldn't hold boost to redline due to lack of 3 port boost solenoid. The boost maxed out at 28 and tapered to 17 at redline. With the boost solenoid we should be at 350 hp on e85. Driveability is great really smooth pulls and lots of extra mid range torque!

Attachments

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
You couldn't hold boost because of the lack of 3-port? Just want to make sure I read that right

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the we're thinking a boost pill or 3 port should help keep the boost up higher through rpm range. I'll post up new dyno graph with boost and compare after I put it in...

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
Well the stock turbo/wastegate really tapers bad. Your not going to hold that 27 or so psi to red line

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@ kaquino dont hijack my thread. If you have a substantive comment about my project please make it.
@joey sometimes the customer thinks they know better than the tuner lol

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
Lol. People have tried to make stocker hold but it just won't. But the BCS will give you better boost control

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok got the 3 port in, retuned, and dyno'd. So with the limitations such as they are on the stock turbo, it made a little difference. Looks like in order to get the hp to the 350-360 range I'm going to need to invest in a fp green turbo.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Are you actually trying to make an evo into a sleeper?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Looks like you are holding boost pretty well by redline for the stock turbo to me. 18-20psi is what I have seen normally. FP green should easily get you the power your looking. Should be able to hold 25psi all the way to redline.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Not with the test pipe and exhaust I've got now lol:godance:
Even when it's stock and I mean completely stock it's a very loud car visually. I don't think anyone looks at an evo and thinks sleeper. I mean it's not like a everyday civic with a bigass T3 under the hood.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I can hold 21-22 pounds at redline with a 3 port. No wastegate mods etc. 3 port will allow you to hold more.

Hopefully I can explain this sufficiently. A stock solenoid can only bleed pressure, it cannot entirely block it like a 3 port. As a result there is a point with the stock EBCS where there will still be *some* pressure pushing open the waste gate that would have otherwise been blocked if you had a 3 port.

Here is a great article:
http://blog.perrinperformance.com/?p=184

·
Registered
5,820 Posts

·
[E-Tuner]
15,861 Posts
I think his tuner fully understands that it will run out of air.
You do realize that different exhausts/setups effect the flow of the turbo and what pressure it can hold in the high rpm range right?

So basically you holding 21-22 psi to redline is irrelevant than another person that only holds 18 psi to redline because their exhaust system and other things are different.

I'm not trying to start an argument :)

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Yes I am aware of that.

Me either, but I think too often people praise tuners on these forums like crazy because they're active helpful members here, but as soon as someone has some issue with another tuner, or perhaps that tuner makes a debatable assertion, people quickly jump to criticize him or her. There are a lot of tuners out there that know a lot but don't post on evoxforums. I'm not saying that you are one of those people per se, but I do recognize this as a culture on these forums.

From the perrin discussion:

"Now the system is showing the solenoid turned on blocking pressure getting to the actuator and in turn bleeding off any built up pressure that was in the actuator. In turn increasing the overall boost pressure."

I have personally experienced improved boost pressure being held as a result of the 3 port, and have had a tuner who tuned my car personally comment on this.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts