Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So I have noticed that my clutch has been slipping. And I was wondering what replacement clutch I could get for the car. The car is an 2008 Evolution MR. I have little knowledge when it comes to cars so, trying to learn little by little. Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Hey guys. So I have noticed that my clutch has been slipping. And I was wondering what replacement clutch I could get for the car. The car is an 2008 Evolution MR. I have little knowledge when it comes to cars so, trying to learn little by little. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Wait. You have an MR? So you have the 6 speed SST transmission. Welcome to one of the most expensive labor intensive items that can go wrong with your car lol.

Kozmic motorsports are the SST transmission guys. But the are in Houston.

They sell replacement clutch packs. But like I said. The labor and shit is expensive

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Try a trans oil and filter change first.
It worked for me when my MR had 59xxx miles.
I’m now nearing 200000 and still the same clutch pack.
Same, here. Went full OEM fluid change after 40k miles, running at 313/320 with absolutely no loss in bit, S-Sport really punches hard.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I hope the oil fixed it for you man. I always wanted an MR to get away from the 5th gear noise on the highway in my gsr but this has always been in the back of my head.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts