Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 evo x. It has an intake, boost control solenoid, uicp, downpipe w cat built in, stock exhaust from there back.
I purchased it like this. It came with a boost gauge and it looks like I'm hitting 20 psi.

I was testing myself before taking the car to the drag strip tomorrow. I downloaded one of those gps drag racing apps and did two pulls.

First run was 14.9 @97. Second run was 14.6 @96.

I think I may be launching the car a wrong because I smelled clutch :(

Any idea if this app is just really inaccurate, or am I doing something totally wrong with my launch... I feel like I should be faster, but have no idea why. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how did the drag strip go? curious to know what your steps are to launching.
I did 8 passes. 14.1 @98 was my best pass. I had 2 14.1's and 6 14.2s.

The track is at 4k elevation, and the temp was about 103. Air density said the equivalent was something like 6500ft elevation.

For my launches, I don't preload with the e-brake. traction control off, clutch down, gas down to bump off the launch control. I let the out clutch a bit until it's almost at the point of engagement. I then let it out easy until I feel the car start to move, and I dump the clutch. I'm not hearing chirps from the tires, and the launches seem smooth, but I get a smell of burnt clutch every single time. Some subie friends said it's nothing to worry about, but I've never experienced this smell on launches in rwd/fwd cars unless I did something wrong. So It's a bit strange to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts