Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where this goes, just kind of concerned. Passed a buddy of mine, don't think I was flooring the gas. Can't remember, but my buddy stated that he saw me pass and saw smoke behind me! He couldn't tell what color it was. I didn't even see it so I don't know what color it is or it even happened. Just curious if I should be worried about it? Zero codes thrown or anything different while driving. Other than this morning I put the performance on it. Any ideas on how I can either replicate it or should I just use the added statement "Knocking the carbon out of the engine!" Oh yeah its a 2008 27K miles on it.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I get that all the time from people not familiar with my car due to me running pig-rich factory tune. Have someone follow you and observe exhaust smoke level, color, and smell. Oh, and post up a mod list to help diagnose.

·
[E-Tuner]
15,860 Posts
I get that all the time from people not familiar with my car due to me running pig-rich factory tune. Have someone follow you and observe exhaust smoke level, color, and smell. Oh, and post up a mod list to help diagnose.
:+1::+1:

·
Registered
365 Posts
ur just running rich.. which really isnt a problem..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I apologize, its stock nothing modded except for dropping a K&N air filter. That's it. Looking to do mods. I was assuming it was running rich because of factory. will the base factory maps that are on the post ECUFlash maps help with this?

Thanks,
Josh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts