Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 799 Posts

· Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i since i got a couple pm's asking questions about parts I have or will have I decided to throw a build thread up. Wont be nothing major for now but just something in the 400-440hp range.

First I would like to thank Nate and Chris from MAP for the advice and deals they gave me. Also would like to thank Dino from Speed Circuit with helping me in deciding the best route with the turbo. My intentions are simple. I want a semi high power with quick spool for hpde and autox events. I'll also hit the drag strip every once in awhile. So far my best time on the 1/4 mile has been [email protected] with the dp, tp and drop in filter. I've only been at Stratotech Raceway for HPDE days once with the car, my goal was to be faster then 72secs...my fasest lap was 70.3 secs.

So heres a picture of mine and my gf's 2011 GSR.

So all the parts have been orderd, a few have yet to arrive but should be deliverd this week or the following week, except for the FP Red, that will be shipped early/mid Feb. I'm currently deployed with the army and ill be back late Feb, so all the parts and tuning will be done by mid March.

So the mods are...

Engine:

BB FP Red, ported, 25psi WGA, hiflow oil feed line
AMS Widemouth DP
T1R Resinated TP
Tomei Expreme Exhaust
AMS Upper Intercooler Pipe
AMS Lower Intercooler Pipe w/ TiAL QR BOV
AMS Cold Air Intake w/o bungs
ETS 4" Intercooler
GrimmSpeed 3port
Boomba Racing Catch Can

Fuel:

91 Octane
FIC 1100cc Injectors
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
AEM Pressure Regulator Kit
Fuel Lap 3" Inline filter

Transmission/Drivetrain:

TWM Short Throw Shifter with Leopard A6 Black Pearl knob and Cage replacement
TWM Base, Cable and Underhood Bushings.
MT-85 Fluid

Suspension:

AMR Coilovers
Perrin 25mm Rear Sway Bar
Perrin Rear Endlinks

Brakes:

AMS SS Braided Lines
Motul 600 fluid

Interior:

AEM Boost Gauge
AEM Wideband
Rexspeed Pod Pillar (soon to be replaced by DSG's pillar)

Exterior:

PF-01 18x9.5
Falken RT-615K's 265/35/R18's
5% all around tint
Tinted Tail Lights
Projector headlights
6000K HID's low beam and fogs
Perrin Shorty Antenna
Re-Badges
Rally Armor Mudflaps

Tuning:

EvoScan
Tactrix OP 2.0
Clipse3GT (coming soon)

Thats pretty much it for now. Next year will be new rims (havent decided what type yet), brake system and Ohlins Coilovers.

So heres some pics of the parts I got so far that are waiting for me to get home.

· Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
And here are some videos...

Me vs R32 Skyline

Me vs Shelby GT500 (sorry for sound delay...also note it was my first time ever trying the 2 step..lol.)

First run at Stratotech

Second Run, got a little loose near the end

3rd Run (had fuel starvation on the back stretch)

· Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Update: Jan 27 2012

More parts from MAP showed up...

GS 3port
RA Mudflaps
Fuel filter
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
AEM FPR kit
MT-85 transmission fluid

Some of the parts that are waiting for me to get home :D

· Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Update: Feb 26th

My Ball Bearing Fp Red showed and 8psi spring for the TiAL QR bov up the other day :D

I left Afghanistan a few days ago and been enjoying the sun shine and beaches in Cyprus. I head home tomorrow, however do to snow and cold temps, installing the parts will be going pretty slow. I'll update with lots of pictures as i install the parts.

· Registered
6,209 Posts
Looks very good for sure.

· Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys. Just over 3 weeks until the fun starts :D

Also i bought a oem PB high rise spolier from a member on the evom forums for $500 shipped. It should be in edmonton on the 9th.

· Palindrome
1,144 Posts
kewl man , looking forward to summer time !

· Most likely in chat
2,531 Posts
I noticed your photo exiting out of turn 1 at strato... completely wrong line. Im willing to bet you can be at least a couple seconds faster just by improving your lines. Taking the proper lines will let you put the crushing power of the red down a lot sooner too!

· Registered
5,026 Posts
I noticed your photo exiting out of turn 1 at strato... completely wrong line. Im willing to bet you can be at least a couple seconds faster just by improving your lines. Taking the proper lines will let you put the crushing power of the red down a lot sooner too!
quite you!!!... proper lines are over rated!

You better come out tonight for some (( . Y . ))

· Registered
907 Posts
Sub'd

Sucks I'm still in California.....I'd be in for some titties.....

1 - 20 of 799 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.